• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Netherlands 1 - 2 England - UEFA Euro 2024 - Semi Final 10 July

Predict the result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kinell Gareth now I’ve got to be up at 3am on my Monday morning! What the hell are you doing bringing on impact subs?

Decisions decisions. The sports bars will be heaving or just go to bed early Sunday, stream from home and go to work. I now operate as a sole proprietor consultant so get paid by the day. I won’t point out that my tax rate, whicj was a shockingly high 15 percent as an employee is now 7.5 😁

Get in! Fully deserved the win and Gareth got the subs spot on. We're underdogs in the final but play like that and we'll cause Spain problems
Credit where it is due for late subs.
But Shaw? He is a left back, not for a team set up to play with LWB, he doesn't move forward with the ball, static; imo he was a wrong sub.
Palmer has been SUPER UBER SUB every opportunity. Oli did the essential with sublime finish.

Great subs. Kane has been a massive disappointment and could be like 1966 when Greaves was dropped in the final for Geoff Hurst.
Greaves wasn't dropped. In the last group game, the French targeted our biggest threat, Jimmy Greaves. Eventually midfielder Bonnel raked his boot down Jimmy's shin. Jimmy was out of the World Cup, and required 14 stitches in a deep wound. They got medical advice, and were told there's no way he should play in the final. By that time Hurst was doing well, so it wasn't a hard decision for Alf Ramsey in the end, given those two things happening.

Credit where it is due for late subs.
But Shaw? He is a left back, not for a team set up to play with LWB, he doesn't move forward with the ball, static; imo he was a wrong sub.
Palmer has been SUPER UBER SUB every opportunity. Oli did the essential with sublime finish.
I thought Shaw did alright, if we had a proper alternative then it would be a different story but Trippier doesn't really suit the role either so I'd rather start Shaw (if he's fit enough). At least Shaw is left footed, which makes it easier for him to pick a pass in the middle.

By the way you post @stewart I'm assuming you're not English?
i was born in Southend , Albert road to be exact, went to Australia when i was 19 now living in the Philippines, my post wasnt anti England as i said you have the players just need GS to get the tactics and subs right, which it seems by the threads he finally did .Im Australian citizen now by the way .

i was born in Southend , Albert road to be exact, went to Australia when i was 19 now living in the Philippines, my post wasnt anti England as i said you have the players just need GS to get the tactics and subs right, which it seems by the threads he finally did .Im Australian citizen now by the way .
I didn't suggest you were anti England @stewart. I was just interested to see what nationality you were. Now I know, thank you.

My condolences.

To borrow (and amend) a line from a Kiwi PM, "English men who go to live in Australia raise the average IQ of both countries"!

Last edited:
Credit where its due that was an outstanding performance. Really pleased for the group of Shrimpers that were there. They have followed England everywhere for years and had fantastic night.

Good to see midfielders actually turning and running at defences rather than an automatic wall pass backwards. No defender in the history of football likes a central midfielder running at them. Palmer looked up and played in his target man early..Which is also often not the case in the modern game. Watkins touch and shot deserved to win any semi, soft pen or not.

Don't want to push our luck but imagine going into work on Monday with new owners for SUFC and England as champions......Of course you wont do much in the first hour because you will be busy buying your new season card.

Wow. Just wow. Well we haven’t got there just by beating **** teams have we. Spain are another level but they showed in the France game they can be vulnerable on the break. I’ve never been Southgate’s biggest fan but you have to say, he’s got it spot on this tournament. As for whether it was a pen, who ****ing cares. How many decisions have gone against us over the years?? Would the Spanish, Portuguese or French be debating it?

We improved against Switzerland, and improved again last night. That was our best performance of the tournament so far. We'll need an even better one on Sunday, but maybe just maybe this is our tournament.

Was it a penalty? I'm not sure. At first I didn't think so, then the more it got replayed the worse it looked. If that was given against us we'd be annoyed. On the other hand, if that happens anywhere else on the pitch it's a free kick. Anyway, the better team won overall.

Credit to Southgate, he got his decisions right. From being booed and having cups of beer thrown at him in the group stage, it's been quite a transformation.

And what a goal from Watkins. Don't think I'll ever get bored of seeing that. Shades of Pigott at Wembley. 😍

Anyone who thinks Kane`s VaR pen.was anything but a joke is deluded.:The acid test is would you be happy if England had conceded a similat VAR pen?Dont think many fans would be.

Anyone who thinks Kane`s VaR pen.was anything but a joke is deluded.:The acid test is would you be happy if England had conceded a similat VAR pen.Dont think many fans would be.
It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, it was given as a pen. You go in on someone in the penalty area studs up you're taking a risk. England have been on the wrong end of plenty of bad refereeing decisons - Argentina in 86 being the worst .. this one isn't even in the same ballpark. Congrats though for finding a negative spin to put on an England win! I bet you were screaming at the TV for 'no pen'.

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, it was given as a pen. You go in on someone in the penalty area studs up you're taking a risk. England have been on the wrong end of plenty of bad refereeing decisons - Argentina in 86 being the worst .. this one isn't even in the same ballpark. Congrats though for finding a negative spin to put on an England win! I bet you were screaming at the TV for 'no pen'.
While I agree with what I've highlighed I rather think England have pulled too many rabbits out of the hat alreagy to find another one on Sunday.We'll see I suppuse.

Anyone who thinks Kane`s VaR pen.was anything but a joke is deluded.:The acid test is would you be happy if England had conceded a similat VAR pen?Dont think many fans would be.
It was soft but are you calling multiple refs all deluded? They'll know what constitutes a penalty better than us.

Back