• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question National League this season: the odds and your favourites?

Who are people's favourites (to go up)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just about agree with the bookies. Barnet having been knocking on the EFL door for a couple of seasons now and they just look stronger this season than last. Oldham disappointed last season, but I think they’ll be more consistent going forward. I don’t think we’ll be far off those two, and if we can make a good start the confidence will flow. The next two weeks are crucial - we look a solid but small squad, and we’ll need one or two quality bodies to help spread the load of a long season.

I feel Barnet top, Southend 2nd. Rest of top 7 being made up of Oldham, Hartlepool, Altrincham, Rochdale and I think Fylde could be the surprise team.

We should hopefully be in contention for promotion, others to consider are Solihull Moors and Gateshead who both looked pretty decent in the FA Trophy final at Wembley.

Can't believe how few people are talking about Forest Green. They are absolutely chucking money at it. I expect them to win it, Barnet 2nd and us in the playoffs.

Barnets summer signings look really good, the ki d of transfer business I would have liked us to have. Browne, Hayes and Hartigan especially.
Hopefully it's a three way tussle with us and Oldham

I wouldn't write York off either.
Agreed. If Pearce finds his feet, then they will be a real force. They have added well and will be a match for anyone. 16/1 is very generous IMO.

I’d like to think we will be in the mix, but the lack of depth bothers me at this stage. I’m sure that will be addressed shortly.

Outside of that, then Barnet & Oldham should be front runners and the usual mob of Halifax, Alty and maybe Gateshead could surprise. Not sure Forest Green will pull up any trees despite being favoured by the bookies.

Impossible to predict this league with only one automatic place up for grabs. Obviously, we should be in with a shout. The only thing I would say is that most "Big" teams (Former traditional EFL clubs) have had to have a "Close but no cigar" season before they eventually get back in the Football League. We've not had that yet and our main priority as we prepare for this season has been, 1) Survive, 2) Keep our best players and 3) have some form of Pre-season and add as many quality players as and when we can.

In real terms it still puts us behind and at a disadvantage to our promotion rivals. I hope all fans remember that however the season plays out.

Back