• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

May 11th 1985 Bradford City

Moody Blues

Ultra Slimline Filter
They always seem to make a big occasion of the Hilsborough disaster, so lets take time out to remember the 56 that lost there lives.

The blaze that engulfed an antiquated wooden stand at the Valley Parade ground on 11 May, 1985 claimed 56 lives and injured more than 200 people.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8668479.stm

They always seem to make a big occasion of the Hilsborough disaster, so lets take time out to remember the 56 that lost there lives.

The blaze that engulfed an antiquated wooden stand at the Valley Parade ground on 11 May, 1985 claimed 56 lives and injured more than 200 people.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8668479.stm

Spot on about the hillsborough disaster.
April last year every where I turned we were being reminded about it and assured the bradford anniversary would get the same attention but doesn't seem to have happened - there was even an official embargo on SZ posts for 2 minutes
Can't be too long to 25th anniversary of heysel either. Will we hear as much about that as we did hillsborough?
Sorry to sound bitter but it seems every death is a tragedy but some deaths are more tragic than others.

Spot on about the hillsborough disaster.
April last year every where I turned we were being reminded about it and assured the bradford anniversary would get the same attention but doesn't seem to have happened - there was even an official embargo on SZ posts for 2 minutes
Can't be too long to 25th anniversary of heysel either. Will we hear as much about that as we did hillsborough?
Sorry to sound bitter but it seems every death is a tragedy but some deaths are more tragic than others.

You're definitely not wrong there. Heysel and Hillsborough happening to a huge club like Liverpool as opposed to a 'little' one like Bradford is why those two get more coverage, but Bradford is just as tragic. I was only six at the time, but I remember the story unfolding on the telly. Terrible day.

I must admit, I don't remember anything about an official embargo for Hillsborough on SZ last year. My personal position on this is that if there is time when there is a silence then we would encourage people to respect that, but certainly wouldn't bar people from posting during that time.

You're definitely not wrong there. Heysel and Hillsborough happening to a huge club like Liverpool as opposed to a 'little' one like Bradford is why those two get more coverage, but Bradford is just as tragic. I was only six at the time, but I remember the story unfolding on the telly. Terrible day.

I must admit, I don't remember anything about an official embargo for Hillsborough on SZ last year. My personal position on this is that if there is time when there is a silence then we would encourage people to respect that, but certainly wouldn't bar people from posting during that time.

To be fair I don't think the embargo was 'official' but I think it's fair to say it was being highly recommended by a number of posters and I felt there was a certain amount of emotional blackmail in the air regarding everyone abiding by it.

Back