• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Match of the Day's Gary Lineker keen to see Southend United survive

Chris Phillips just leave it. Begging letters, name dropping, it wont work with The Teflon Rat.
He enjoys all this, he's not normal....only the Friday ultimatum type of thing will move him and we can't even stick to that!
Actually, I am not sure RM welcomes this level of attention. Sure, he loves a bit of the spotlight on his own terms but his attempts to use Southend United as leverage is not the sort of national exposure he would be craving as a property developer...

Ok mr linker with the pots of money you earn . Instead of saying about saving Southend united .Why donyt you dig deep into your pockets and come up with 700k to help clear the debt .You probably would not miss that amount .Its lose change to you .

Ok mr linker with the pots of money you earn . Instead of saying about saving Southend united .Why donyt you dig deep into your pockets and come up with 700k to help clear the debt .You probably would not miss that amount .Its lose change to you .
It’s about 6 months wages

What a daft thing to say.

Why would Gary Lineker, with absolutely zero links to Southend United, help out and pay a bill for us that was racked up by mismanagement from the owner? Why didn’t Dion Dublin help Bury, why didn’t Chris Sutton help Macclesfield, why hasn’t Frank Lampard helped Torquay, bloody Steve Gerrard should have funded Scunthorpe and I’m livid that Thierry Henry hasn’t stepped in at Reading.

The only person who should be paying this WUP is RM, but he isn’t going to do that. We are hoping and praying that the consortium go above and beyond once again.

If it doesn’t get paid, and worse case scenario happens, I won’t be blaming Gary Lineker for not stepping in.

I'm sure Ron would love yet another chance to kick the can down the road, probably with COSU out of the picture.

I’m surprised by the reaction. Supportive comments from the likes of Shearer, Lineker, Collymore etc are welcome as they lead to greater media exposure and ultimately increase the pressure to find a resolution. Anyone criticizing these individuals, who yes may have the means, for not supporting us financially are missing the point. This is ALL about the greed of RAT MARTIN

I’m surprised by the reaction. Supportive comments from the likes of Shearer, Lineker, Collymore etc are welcome as they lead to greater media exposure and ultimately increase the pressure to find a resolution. Anyone criticizing these individuals, who yes may have the means, for not supporting us financially are missing the point. This is ALL about the greed of RAT MARTIN
No point missed I’m well aware of the rats greed but also aware of the top leagues greed as well as the pundits that encourage it.
Ron out.

I’m curious, how much would you like Gary to donate?
Nothing, that’s my point just an understanding that those at the top are taking a very large slice of the pie while us minnows suffer with the crumbs, as I said Ron is greedy but please spare the crocodile tears Lineker and co while you all dip into money pot.

Back