• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Match for Mind | Roots Hall Run 5th October 2024

BoyWonder2

2024, the year of the Shrimpers ⭐🦐
I hope this is okay to put here Mods.

Southend United’s fixture with Maidenhead on Saturday 5th October has been designated as our “Match for Mind”, which the club has done in previous years with the aim to raise awareness and funds for South East & Central Essex Mind. I believe our match last year was the Solihull Moors match.

https://www.secemind.org.uk/

Now, on Sunday 27th April 2025, I’ll be running the London Marathon for the same incredible charity after I was gifted a place with work, whose charity partner is South East & Central Essex Mind.

As part of my fundraising/training, I’m in discussions with the club to arrange a few “fun runs” at Roots Hall. I’m looking to sort out a gentle 5km run around the perimeter of the Roots Hall pitch ahead of this match. The following day is the Southend 10km, so this may not be ideal.

However, if I’m able to sort this out. Who would be up for attending? I’d ask for a donation on my fundraising page to enter, and the plan would be to run together and chat all things Southend United.

It would be in the morning, giving you time to shower/change and get in the bar or pubs around the ground for a pre-match beer.

If you’re interested, please let me know and I can work details with the club if this would be possible.

Good luck with running round that mess of a running track around the edge - it's pretty rough which is why I've been using my stick recently!

@BoyWonder2 - we have that bloke that put the ball in the Bury net due to be our SUEPA guest on 5 Oct, so if you'd like assistance with anything on the day (we'll be quite busy so I'm thinking photo opportunity, presentation etc) then just PM me and we can sort something out.

Thank you.

Once I find out if this is a goer, I’ll be in touch.

The plan is to be done long before so it doesn’t disrupt the day in anyway. I’ll always take a picture with the legend that is Benji though 😉

I’ve had the go ahead from the club for this to go ahead 🥳

It’s Saturday 5th October, a 9am meet with the aim to get going at 9:30am.

It’ll be a £5 donation to my London Marathon fundraising link to South East & Central Essex Mind.

https://2025tcslondonmarathon.enthuse.com/pf/mikeedwards16

Id love to see some other Shrimpers there, otherwise I’m going to be very lonely. If you wish to attend please let me know, but if you don’t want to but want to donate please do if you can. South East & Central Essex Mind are an incredible charity.

5km roots hall run.png

Back