• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Macron confirmed as kit supplier for the next 2 seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t black a colour that is “banned” by the FA? Just black, not black and white ala Notts County or Newcastle.

Obviously a huge difference, but when I ran a Sunday league club, we were allowed black as a colour kit because of the clash with referees.
I think it's just below the EFL. When watching Welcome to Wrexham, they were able to wear a black away kit once they got promoted to League 2, but it was banned in VNL.

Isn’t black a colour that is “banned” by the FA? Just black, not black and white ala Notts County or Newcastle.

Obviously a huge difference, but when I ran a Sunday league club, we were allowed black as a colour kit because of the clash with referees.
The FA lifted the ban on black kits when the premier league started. The ban still exists in the NL however because refs aren't allowed to wear any colour other than black.

I think it's just below the EFL. When watching Welcome to Wrexham, they were able to wear a black away kit once they got promoted to League 2, but it was banned in VNL.

It was banned as referees only wore black in the NL until last year (or it might have been the year before).

They’ve started recently wearing yellow shirts for our home games or a light blue if the opposition’s away kit is yellow.

Black and Gold not navy and black
I think YB was referring to the main colour black being too close to navy and not as a combination.

We had navy in the mid 60's and the reason we changed to royal blue was the fact that navy was too similar to the ref's shirt. It also couldn't be differentiated on TV (which was black and white back then).

Was this the inspiration for the away shirt (and home to a certain extent)?!...

Ps If it helps us replicate that type of result, great. Judas you xxxxxxx. And Millwall, nah we can't be bothered not liking you as you're really not worth the effort. Cheers.
Seems like only yesterday. Millwall s first game in their new stadium. Seriously didn't want us to score anymore. Let's just say the natives were getting very restless

Seems like only yesterday. Millwall s first game in their new stadium. Seriously didn't want us to score anymore. Let's just say the natives were getting very restless
Met a Millwall fan in the pub over here recently.

Told him I was at that game. He was a perfectly reasonable person and not your cliche Millwall fan, however the colour drained from his face at the memory and he didn’t want to discuss the game at all. Funnily enough I did 😂

Met a Millwall fan in the pub over here recently.

Told him I was at that game. He was a perfectly reasonable person and not your cliche Millwall fan, however the colour drained from his face at the memory and he didn’t want to discuss the game at all. Funnily enough I did 😂

Did he want to talk about the 4-1 FA Cup game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back