• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Longest service?

Which player has played the most games for his current club? I don't know the answer but I'm sure someone will enlighten me.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ July 05 2004,14:14)]Which  player has played the most games for his current club? I don't know the answer but I'm sure someone will enlighten me.....
Off the top of my head Jason Dodd of Southampton most be right up there ?

rock.gif

Before his release im sure kevin pressman of wednesday was there aswell!!

One name that always pops into my mind with this sort of question is Alan Knight, the Portsmouth GK (long since retired though, so irrelevant to your question... ie: present club). I think he played over 800? games in a 20-odd year period until the mid-late 90's.

Probably not a record, but impressive just the same.
wink.gif

Steve Tilson possibly, had his testimonial last year so about 11 seasons he has been with us, and he is still registered as a player.

Ryan giggs has made about 600 appearances for united. Might not be the longest ,but could be the most appearances

Our old mate Roger Freestone has clocked up over 600 games for Swansea although he may have been released the summer ?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ July 05 2004,14:37)]One name that always pops into my mind with this sort of question is Alan Knight, the Portsmouth GK (long since retired though, so irrelevant to your question... ie: present club). I think he played over 800? games in a 20-odd year period until the mid-late 90's.

Probably not a record, but impressive just the same.  
wink.gif
Link:
http://www.soccernet.com/england/players/knightalan.html

Debut: 1978 @ 16yo

Was still playing in 2000 [occasionally] and although it states that Alan is now GK coach with Portsmouth, the link has not been updated since Sept 2000. I would think he still has an association with the club... could he still be playing the odd game?

Back