• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lewis Gard

Always liked him n thought he would make it with us. Injuries with us if I remember ended his chances. Good luck to him. Wish him well.
He came back from a catastrophic leg break in THAT game at Colchester. Looked almost as good as he'd done before, but, for whatever reason, Kev didn't keep him on. I know he's quite close with a number of the lads here, so am hoping that he went off with an instruction to get himself properly fit with a view to coming back when finances allow.

We’ve kept hold of far worse players down the years. Similar to Benton in that he probably was good enough for us but wanted to be playing week in week out which we couldn’t give them. And obviously we couldn’t give Benton a new deal anyway 🤦🏻‍♂️

It’s a shame because you look at players that haven’t had the chance or not quite made it at us, they leave and do well elsewhere and very rarely do we take them back afterwards.

Gard and Benton are two I hoped it would work out, unfortunately if they do well for someone else I feel they’ll end up playing elsewhere rather than back with us.

Unfortunately it’s the nature of the beast. Emile Acquah is a recent prime example, didn’t work out. He knuckles down, works hard and is now playing in the league above us.

He came back from a catastrophic leg break in THAT game at Colchester. Looked almost as good as he'd done before, but, for whatever reason, Kev didn't keep him on. I know he's quite close with a number of the lads here, so am hoping that he went off with an instruction to get himself properly fit with a view to coming back when finances allow.
lack of playing budget?!?

Second winner in a week, this time from the spot.

Loads of ex-Shrimpers scoring in NLS.

James Dunne and Brandon Goodship(!) also got pens, Murphy for Yeovil and Benton for Aveley.

Scored his fifth of the season, which turned out to be the winner as Tonbridge won 2-1 away at Truro.

Back