• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

lee trundell

bluesmum

must be fit again, him and rory fallon and swansea are playing now on bbc wales in a semi final, extra time aswell

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jokercomedyclub @ Feb. 08 2006,20:31)]semi final of what ? the sheep shaggers cup !
Close, it's the Welsh Cup.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The winners get a magnum of sheep-dip & the cup presented by HRH Dolly.

This is the thing thats got me, They seem to think they have a divine right to enter the English FA Cup, then for the same reasons i want to Enter the Welsh Cup...

But then again they also want to play in an English FA governed league yet only play by the Welsh FA's rules....

It's high time they were told to affiliate to one country and only one country. If they want to be Welsh they can play in the league of wales...

Didn't Hereford used to play in the welsh cup in the days before the welsh FA was less autononomous ?
IIRC when the Welsh FA "went alone" and formed the league of Wales, special dispensations were given to the teams in the pyramid , so they would back the Welsh FA (Cardiff, Wrexham and Swansea at the time) . I seem to recall Newport County having to play in England for a couple of years so they could stay in the Southern league. I guess its something to do with affiliation to both FA's with the National FA being the controlling body....

Didn't Queens Park (at the time the biggest team in Scotland) play in the FA cup in the early years ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Feb. 09 2006,08:49)]Didn't Hereford used to play in the welsh cup in the days before the welsh FA was less autononomous ?
IIRC when the Welsh FA "went alone" and formed the league of Wales, special dispensations were given to the teams in the pyramid , so they would back the Welsh FA (Cardiff, Wrexham and Swansea at the time) . I seem to recall Newport County having to play in England for a couple of years so they could stay in the Southern league. I guess its something to do with affiliation to both FA's with the National FA being the controlling body....

Didn't Queens Park (at the time the biggest team in Scotland) play in the FA cup in the early years ?
Shrewsbury Town have won the Welsh FA Cup 6 times.

Other English winners:

Chester (3 times)
Crewe Alexandra (2 times)
Oswestry United (2 times)
Hereford United (once)
Tranmere Rovers (once)
Bristol City (once)
South Liverpool (once)

17 English winners.

The Welsh, of course, have only won the English FA Cup once (Cardiff City in 1927).

17-1 to the Eng-er-land.
biggrin.gif

Queen's Park actually got to the English FA Cup Final twice in successive years in the 1880's - they lost on both occasions to Blackburn Rovers. Simon Garner scoring the winning goals on both occasions IIRC.
wink.gif

The League of Wales only formed about 10-12 years ago (I cant be a""" to look it up!)....before that there was a few Welsh teams knocking about in the English Pyramid system....as well as the Swanseas, Cardiffs and Wrecks'ems, I think Merthyr Tydfyl used to play in the conference, and Newport used to play in some lower league. When the League of Wales formed these clubs has a choice of where to play, and the non-league ones favoured the League of Wales, I guess as it reduced travel and also enabled possible entry to Europe.

If Celtic or Rangers ever wanted to compete in The English League they would probably try to point to the Swanseas etc as a precedent....though if they did Id make 'em start in the Conference
smile.gif

All good posts, but IMHO Trundle has not right foot, well, maybe just for standing on. If the bloke was right footed and not left, he'd be like any other striker. He is also a w%&ker so i will take up no more of your reading time with him!

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back