• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Last night's choice of kit

Anybody in the know care to enlighten me why we wore the red kit last night?

Last time I checked all navy didn't clash with all white!

Still if it changed the luck, here's hoping it will get another airing on Saturday.

Also, for kit-spotters like me, did anybody else notice we were wearing red Avec (not Nike) socks last night?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Oct. 25 2006,14:27)]Anybody in the know care to enlighten me why we wore the red kit last night?

Still if it changed the luck, here's hoping it will get another airing on Saturday.

Also, for kit-spotters like me, did anybody else notice we were wearing red Avec (not Nike) socks last night?
I thought I was the only 'trainspotter' who noticed the socks.

We wore white at Blackpool last year despite navy not clashing with tangerine.

Steve Clubshop could probably comment.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Oct. 25 2006,15:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Oct. 25 2006,14:27)]Anybody in the know care to enlighten me why we wore the red kit last night?

I thought I was the only 'trainspotter' who noticed the socks.

We wore white at Blackpool last year despite navy not clashing with tangerine.

Steve Clubshop could probably comment.
I thought the choice of white at Blackpool though was purely because of the "try and wear the away kit enough so the fans feel they're getting value for money out of their replica kits" argument!

Unfortunately that will NOT apply to this years red kit
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

The Red kit that is not going to be released has been worn more times than the white one that has been released

Hmmmm
rock.gif

Red kit be out for xmas me thinks

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Oct. 25 2006,15:39)]The Red kit that is not going to be released has been worn more times than the white one that has been released

Hmmmm
rock.gif

Red kit be out for xmas me thinks
The old cynical me would have figured this too, but the definite tone of the email I got from the club shop in August suggests they are sticking to their guns this time & never will sell it!

have to say my trainspotter element noticed the socks as well.

Probably cos stocks of red Nike socks were sold out / in transit / on order / discontinued

so we wear the pikey Avec training kit

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Oct. 25 2006,15:59)]Probably cos stocks of red Nike socks were sold out / in transit / on order / discontinued

so we wear the pikey Avec training kit
That be a good one

Tilly addresses the team

Tilly ''Lads its a 11am meet at the ground, coach journey up to leeds should take around 5hrs with a stop. Oh and before I forget could you all bring a pair of your red training socks as Bill Garner has mislayed our only club pairs''

Red kit was simply worn as two trips to leeds in a week, saves rushing about washing, and repacking again, so i would expect the blue one to be worn on Saturday ~(not saying it would defo)

Yes they are Avec socks, We do have red nike socks, but there was far too much white in them, so they clashed with teams wearing white socks - example QPR. The All red nike ones werent that comfortable (too short), and the Avec ones were, but who cares its 3 points.
smile.gif

also, Bill is not the kit man, you young man took over the job long time ago now.

still no plans for the red kit i'm afriad,

Also whilst i'm posting on here take this oppotunity to let you know we've just updated the online shop with 35 new lines

hope thats all cleared up for youUpdated shop

When's the Red kit - in my opinion by far the best of our kits - going to be introduced as a new line???

WE WANT RED!

Yep heard that rumour to, something about it being to much like a cup game, just what we need!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
finally get a win and they don't give us 3 points for it
mad.gif
tounge.gif

Back