• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Keep calm

How very true,meet many other fans over the years became good friends and travelled the length and breadth of UK supporting the team

I've been calm throughout the whole episode! Seen it all before,been going on for years! Maybe a little bit more worrying then usual but not worried as we will be bought because we are a big club and very attractive to a buyer who actually has money! When I say money I mean proper money not kimura money who are all talk but no action.If u have deep pockets then southend is pocket change to a new owner.

I've been calm throughout the whole episode! Seen it all before,been going on for years! Maybe a little bit more worrying then usual but not worried as we will be bought because we are a big club and very attractive to a buyer who actually has money! When I say money I mean proper money not kimura money who are all talk but no action.If u have deep pockets then southend is pocket change to a new owner.
What's in it for them then?

Some people really do need to wake up and smell the coffee here. Southend United might be "pocket change" to some but we are a loss-making business, as are the majority of clubs in the football pyramid. The most worrying aspect of all this is that WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME. Kimura can't buy the club without additional investment from elsewhere. And in 5 weeks time we're back in court. AGAIN. Do you really think they're going to give us ANOTHER 42 days when we can't pay up? Because I don't. In all likelihood we have just over a month to pay our creditors or the club is done. Maybe an unexpected white knight rides in and rescues us during that time - but don't count on it. Those who believe it's certain we're going to be saved have their head in the sand because117 years of history could very well be just memories come the end of August....

Some people really do need to wake up and smell the coffee here. Southend United might be "pocket change" to some but we are a loss-making business, as are the majority of clubs in the football pyramid. The most worrying aspect of all this is that WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME. Kimura can't buy the club without additional investment from elsewhere. And in 5 weeks time we're back in court. AGAIN. Do you really think they're going to give us ANOTHER 42 days when we can't pay up? Because I don't. In all likelihood we have just over a month to pay our creditors or the club is done. Maybe an unexpected white knight rides in and rescues us during that time - but don't count on it. Those whi believe it's certain we're going to be saved have their head in the sand because117 years of history very well could be just memories come the end of August....

Totally agree. Personally think we're finished already. Who is going to takeover without knowing factually that they will not be penalised by 3rd parties. Payments will take time to arrange and clear and at least a month of work will need arranged and completed in the space of days. The club isn't operating currently and its not an on/off switch. I think it's too late unless there is deal agreed in principle announced by the weekend. Even then it might be too late. Hope I'm completely wrong :-(

Last edited:
Totally agree. Personally think we're finished already. Who is going to takeover without knowing factually that they will not be penalised by 3rd parties. Payments will take time to arrange and clear and at least a month of work will need arranged and completed in the space of days. The club isn't operating currently and its not an on/off switch. I think it's too late unless there is deal agreed in principle announced by the weekend. Even then it might be. Hope I'm completely wrong :-(
Even if Ron raised the money and cleared the debt will be back to square one straight only way for Southend to survive is under new ownership if there is someone out there to save the club

Even if Ron raised the money and cleared the debt will be back to square one straight only way for Southend to survive is under new ownership if there is someone out there to save the club

Ron can't clear the debt, he's skint. We need a deal complete in days or it's all over.

Totally agree. Personally think we're finished already. Who is going to takeover without knowing factually that they will not be penalised by 3rd parties. Payments will take time to arrange and clear and at least a month of work will need arranged and completed in the space of days. The club isn't operating currently and its not an on/off switch. I think it's too late unless there is deal agreed in principle announced by the weekend. Even then it might be. Hope I'm completely wrong :-(

The club is operating though - new ticket system was announced only this week. It might not be operating fully - especially football dept as it's under embargo, but the club hasn't shutdown.

The club is operating though - new ticket system was announced only this week. It might not be operating fully - especially football dept as it's under embargo, but the club hasn't shutdown.
I’ve just seen this, kind of been lost in all the takeover talk. Got excited to see you could buy season cards online only to see it’s not available yet. Hopefully they’ll open it up the day Ron ****s off as that’s when I’ll be buying.

He’s got the money he just knows he can get away with all this

Back