• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just to let you know

Yellow Army

Members
anyone thinking of going to South East Essex College to do a degree course in Media Studies

It really really really

SUCKS!!!!! - even though they keep promisng to improve it!

Just pi$$es me off that it was never explained it was the 1st year the course had been run, and we were the guinee pigs!

Any course in media Studies sucks... Well done, you can watch Films
biggrin.gif

But seriously, It isn't any better across the board if you ask me, nobody cares about the subject where i go and there the last to get funding, hence the pass %'s are poor.

damn! was just about to drop out of full time employment to become a tax dodging student - thanks Steve..........
cool.gif

any course at SEEC sucks. they are officially the most unorganised organisation i have ever seen. I studied construction there about 7 years ago, what a mess

surely all further education courses suck.. i mean your not going there to work are you, your just loafing for 2 years before you can be arsed to get a job..
dont mess with the system.. go down the pub and chat up some belters..

not necessarily. i had to go to colllege to go to uni so that i can progress to become a chartered architect. college was a complete waste, i didnt learn a thing and really couldnt justify doing it. ive learnt a great deal at uni however, i would have learnt ten times the amount had spent the equivilent in a fulltime job. ironically, i wouldnt be able to progress as far as i need the qualifications.
rock.gif

I think this is the case with a lot of degree courses.

My advice to anyone would be do a recognised course at an established university.

Like it or not employers will look at where you obtained your degree from as well as the grade achieved.

If you haven't got the grades to get into a decent university you have to ask yourself is it worth doing (insert course name here) at (insert new University/ ex polytechnic here) just because I satisfy the entry requirements.

I'm all for education for educations sake but should you have to ask yourself why some of the courses are being offered at degree level.

A lot of kids are running up huge debts and ending up with qualifications that employers just don't want.

Certainly agree with that last line. I have had "graduates" applying for jobs who can barely write let alone spell, and when you think you find a candidate who might be worthwhile, you have the pleasure of hearing he/she communicate in a series of monosyllabic grunts.

Most degrees aren,t worth the paper let alone the cost, time & debt IMO.

GCSE's are a stepping stone to A Levels, and A Levels/GNVQ's/BTEC's are a stepping stong to degree courses and are your entry to University. You're only as good as your last Qualification in many peoples eyes...

well my course costs £1,125 a year, but next year i beleive it goes upto £3,000 (uni top up fee thing), and they are doing more building work, so i'd go elsewhere.

I don't sit and watch films all day, only now and again when i'm doing THEORY work. Make films instead, some aspects are good on the course, which cant be arsed to say, but i get pi$$ed off because i applied to do advertising, and then all they can off at the last minute is video production and screen theory, (not exactly making an advert for a magazine is it.

SEEC is sh!te, Its disorganised and you do get the impression a lot of the teachers/lecturers don't have an idea... What year of the course are you on?

2nd year, i swear half my teacher come in stoned. abd they never a clue whats going on. Set work, then never mark it, so your waiting 3 months to get a mark back

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Feb. 21 2006,21:48)]2nd yer,  i swear half my teacher come in stoned. abd they never a clue whats going on. Set work, then never mark it, so your waiting 3 months to get a mark back
2/10 . Must try harder at spelling , and you were marked the same day.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Feb. 21 2006,21:43)]SEEC is sh!te, Its disorganised and you do get the impression a lot of the teachers/lecturers don't have an idea... What year of the course are you on?
You must be doing the wrong course then, I'm in the Football Academy at SEEC and its brilliant we play football most afternoons, we've done our FA level 1 coaching badge and in the middle of doing level 2, and next tuesday were going to train at Reading and watch the England U-21's. so it ain't that bad really.

Alexis

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alexis_SUFC @ Feb. 22 2006,10:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Feb. 21 2006,21:43)]SEEC is sh!te, Its disorganised and you do get the impression a lot of the teachers/lecturers don't have an idea... What year of the course are you on?
You must be doing the wrong course then, I'm in the Football Academy at SEEC and its brilliant we play football most afternoons, we've done our FA level 1 coaching badge and in the middle of doing level 2, and next tuesday were going to train at Reading and watch the England U-21's. so it ain't that bad really.

Alexis
Not at SEEC, I'm in my last year at KES 6th Form...

I'm sure some courses at SEEC are run well and there must be some staff that have an idea, but when i talk to people who are there doing other courses they always tell me that no one really has a clue there. That said, They can't teach Maths/Sciences or French where i am... I think 2 people passed Maths out of a class of 20 and 3 passed Biology out of a class of 15. Thank god i'm not doing those...

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back