• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just in case...

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
We are all deliriously happy that the day has finally arrived. It is a new era. My entire collection of SUFC shirts under the Ron Martin era has been consigned to a bag in the loft. Today I will be sporting a new design Macron SUFC polo shirt whilst I am awaiting my replica order to come in to the store in my size (around 4 weeks they reckon).

One could be forgiven for thinking that today can only go one way. New owners, new focus, proper funding, loyal squad, good re-signings, working clock, new scoreboard... the club is suddenly able to go somewhere and with a packed Hall and the Roots Hall Roar behind us, the rest of the division need to be afraid. Be very afraid.

But, this is football and we are, of course, Southend United. We don't follow scripts.

There are 3 possible outcomes today - a win, draw or loss - and anything other than a win (and probably a good win) is going to feel to some people like the end of the world, or, at best, "Same old, same old".

Bear in mind that it isn't all about the start. To prove it, here is a set of various seasons opening 6 games. Some are promotion and some are relegation and it isn't immediately obvious which is which.

Have a go, just for fun and test yourselves -

1) - WDLWDL
2) - LDLDLW
3) - WWDLDD
4) - WLLWLD
5) - DLLDDW
6) - LWDDLW

Which was a promotion season and which was relegation?

The answers are here -

1 - Relegation, 1975/6
2 - Promotion, 2004/5
3 - Promotion, 1971/2
4 - Relegation, 2006/7
5 - Relegation, 1983/4
6 - Promotion, 2005/6

So today is all about the rebirth of our club. The fact that we can relax for a bit without worrying about wages and embargos. The fact that we can stay at RH.

We're on our way back, we're on our way back - Southend United - we're on our way back.

****ING BRING IT ON! BLUE ARMY!

Today I should be wearing my shiny new stripey home top, but in a moment of mental abstraction and general dopeyness I managed to leave the bloody thing at home in London! I’ve only got last years top with me, so it’ll have to be that one today 🙁

Just being alive and kicking is a big WIN.
Part of my mind is telling me to remember the snow clearing games etc; all top efforts, which invariably ended in a home defeat; although it might be that they are the ones that sting in the memory.
#romewasn'tbuitinaday
#goodthingshappentothosethatwait
We cleaned the stands etc last season and then beat Oldham 4-0 🤞

Will the consortium be taking to the pitch before the game? Would be good to get a good reception for saving the club!

Back