• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just a thought...

Crawliano

LADYCHARMER80
Just a thought, with Charlton doomed and Southampton and Norwich looking iffy what's to say that they're not going to come down and swoop on some of our players? Would never want to be a prophet of doom for next season but with these down there in the mix 09/10 season could be an almighty different season with League 1 having a very noticeable split down the middle of not bad teams and the rest who could easily be playing in the conference.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Clarke turning out for any of those next season, then you've got to look at some of the players who we've been able to attract this season due to our close proximity to the London clubs etc, would their parent clubs sooner see them at a more "prestigious" club?

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Charlton and Southampton both go into administration before the end of the year.

And hopefully Nicky Bailey having to play for Ecko Whitecaps just for being Nicky Bailey.

Just a thought, with Charlton doomed and Southampton and Norwich looking iffy what's to say that they're not going to come down and swoop on some of our players? Would never want to be a prophet of doom for next season but with these down there in the mix 09/10 season could be an almighty different season with League 1 having a very noticeable split down the middle of not bad teams and the rest who could easily be playing in the conference.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Clarke turning out for any of those next season, then you've got to look at some of the players who we've been able to attract this season due to our close proximity to the London clubs etc, would their parent clubs sooner see them at a more "prestigious" club?

If this happens I reckon we should become a rugby league side instead.

We would have a lot less competion when it comes to attracting players and fans.

And hopefully Nicky Bailey having to play for Ecko Whitecaps just for being Nicky Bailey.

Another 'dream' move for Nicky Bailey ;).

I doubt that they will try to get any of our players as they will be looking to buy championship quality players. I think Charlton will go down and Bailey will move to a team like Wolves or Reading. Southampton have hit a good run of form and are only 3 points off 21st with a game in hand. Norwich are out of the relegation zone but only just. I believe that Plymouth will go down and Forest or Southampton.

We won the league with Forest mixing it about down here... And they had an awful lot more money at the time than Southampton and Charlton will have next season...

We won the league with Forest mixing it about down here... And they had an awful lot more money at the time than Southampton and Charlton will have next season...
Personally, Keegan style I would just "love it" to make their "we're just down here for one season, we're a big team" fan's smile on the other side of their faces.

Oh how the Valley will look lovely with 8,000 in next season.

Fingers crossed little Lee will come down here in the summer and Dorian Dervitte will realise that he can't work with any other manager and devotes his entire career to Southend whilst becoming the first 3rd tier English based player to captain his country and we then win the FA Cup in our promotion season and the season after win the UEFA cup.

Personally, Keegan style I would just "love it" to make their "we're just down here for one season, we're a big team" fan's smile on the other side of their faces.

Oh how the Valley will look lovely with 8,000 in next season.

Fingers crossed little Lee will come down here in the summer and Dorian Dervitte will realise that he can't work with any other manager and devotes his entire career to Southend whilst becoming the first 3rd tier English based player to captain his country and we then win the FA Cup in our promotion season and the season after win the UEFA cup.

Yup 2019-20 will be a great season for us! Don't forget winning promotion to the Premierleague in the same season we win the UEFA Cup and in the summer of 2020, Tilson manages England and wins the EURO cup, beating France 5-4 in the final (Barnard scores 5, Laurent scores 3 and Dervite scores) with Barnard getting topgoalscorer!

Must say looking at the potential oppostion for next season you have got Southampton, Norwich, Forest, Leeds if they dont go up and sleeping giants Bury - They all have some serious backing behind them.

To be honest cant see any of our lot worth anyone nicking bar maybe Clarkey & Macca so wont be losing to much sleep over it.

It's going to be one tough cookie of a league next year thats for sure. Maybe the strongest for a long, long time. Would be a real test of our Championship suitability if we were to get out of it (assuming we dont make it this year of course!)

As for any of our current crop leaving for any of these teams, can't see it myself. They will be attracting bigger named players than we have.

It's going to be one tough cookie of a league next year thats for sure. Maybe the strongest for a long, long time. Would be a real test of our Championship suitability if we were to get out of it (assuming we dont make it this year of course!)

As for any of our current crop leaving for any of these teams, can't see it myself. They will be attracting bigger named players than we have.

But if they haven't got a pot to **** in and we've got some players who have achieved two high placed finishes AND are not at the other end of the country, these could be the players to do you a job without throwing a heap of cash (that doesn't exist) at it.

Or they have transfer embargos placed on them and Bailey is told to play in goal by Charlton as they have no goalies and he isn't allowed to wear gloves or shinpads.

Back