• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

John Still

tsbl2000

Left Back in the changing room🦐
Flicking through some old programmes, as one does, I was interested to see that John Still had his only Daggers appearance against us. On 12 December 1970 he was part of the Daggers team who lost 1-0 (Billy Best; who else could it be?) in the FA Cup R2 at Roots Hall in front of a crowd of 10,900. Some great names in that team, despite a poor season in terms of results.

Attachments

• img018.jpg
    img018.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 144
  • img019.jpg
    img019.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 144
  • img020.jpg
    img020.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 145
Flicking through some old programmes, as one does, I was interested to see that John Still had his only Daggers appearance against us. On 12 December 1970 he was part of the Daggers team who lost 1-0 (Billy Best; who else could it be?) in the FA Cup R2 at Roots Hall in front of a crowd of 10,900. Some great names in that team, despite a poor season in terms of results.
I can’t believe we
Couldn’t name a sub -#tinpot

Subs were named on the day, and only one sub allowed. Often, the teams were slightly different to the programme, which was printed in advance. In this match Owen Simpson actually played instead of the named Jimmy Lumsden and we didn't even use a sub!
That's correct, as we used to print the programme's at the Print co i worked at. Copy was submitted from the club usually on the Tues or Weds before a weekend game, unless we had one in midweek, which caused last minute panics!. I cannot recall an instance when a subs name was given to be added to the team sheet.

Back