• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jeans for Genes Day

<a href="http://www.jeansforgenes.com/" target="_blank">Jeans for Genes website
</a>

My company has decided not to participate in this because of client meetings (****ing) disgraceful. Although, I stressed that our clients would be impressed by ourselves supporting a charitable event and those without client meetings could still participate.
Anyones company taken a similar stance??m

We don&#39;t dress down on a Friday and I sincerely doubt that we would do jeans for genes.

On the other hand, I wouldn&#39;t know anyway. There was an e-mail sent out by the incoming director of finance to all accounting because he wanted to arrange meetings to find out what everyone does. Needless to say I didn&#39;t get one.

laugh.gif

(Of course, if I was doing this for more than three more weeks,
laugh.gif
would be
rock.gif
mad.gif
)

My school (Southend High for Boys) never do jeans for genes, or any other charity day that is a national thing for that matter. The only &#39;charity&#39; we do is one where the school gets the money, it&#39;s a disgrace

We are doing it but because of meetings I had to wear a suit today&#33;

mad.gif

I work for a firm of Solicitors who are in house with the client, this being a mortgage company. They sent an e-mail to all their staff about it but failed to tell us, meaning us 7 turned up in our usual work gear with the 50 odd of them in their civvies&#33; I nearly demanded to go home and change&#33;
sad.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rayleigh_Blue @ Oct. 06 2005,12:00)]<a href="http://www.jeansforgenes.com/" target="_blank">Jeans for Genes website
</a>

My company has decided not to participate in this because of client meetings (****ing) disgraceful. Although, I stressed that our clients would be impressed by ourselves supporting a charitable event and those without client meetings could still participate.
Anyones company taken a similar stance??&lt;a href=&quot;www&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;m&lt;/a&gt;
Forgetting JfG day which is something completely different it is time for ORM to get on the soapbox.

My company doesn&#39;t but I have a stern stance on dress down policy in general.
biggrin.gif

We have permanent dress down here. Naturally ORM presents himself professionally and doesn&#39;t participate in any way shape or form. My philosophy is that we are here to work in an office and should dress accordingly. My own job on any particular day could involve meeting anything from a CEO, CIO, Chairman etc of either our company or any of our clients and business contacts, without any prior notice.

We have rigid rules about what can and can&#39;t be worn and still we get people dressing for either the beach, the pub or a game of football. f%&amp;k all gets done about it. I keep telling my company they are leaving themselves wide open if they let the women get away with flip-flops (however you dress up anything that is basically a thong over a toe it is just a glorified flip flop to me) at work. Just waiting for the first one to break a toe &#33;

Unsurprisingly I&#39;m known as a miserable ******* where this is concerned.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Back