• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Its gonna hurt but................

northbankblue

So another away defeat our winless run continues and we are now 9 points away from safety at this early stage in the season.
We are struggling to attract the players required to get us out of this mess and as much as a win might get us going where will the win come from?
We all keep saying why dont we buy him or sign him on loan but in truth we either dont have the money to pay the wages demanded or the players dont fancy it in a struggling side and then its why go to im afraid 'little southend'.
In my opinion if we still struggle come January and are 9 or further points away we should cash in on Fredie and between now and Jan be looking for hungry quality league 1 players to sign that will give their all and be ready for the job of returning us to this league should the worst happen and we go down.
We should keep Tilly and be ready for our next assult on the Championship.
I know it all sounds bleak but its just my opinion and lets not blow the Eastwood money on has beens think of our future.
Your views?
rock.gif

to be honest I think we've got enough L1 players as it is. That's the problem the gulf is too great between the 2 divisions. And before anyone says it, there are always exceptions to the rule as Col U are showing.

The only thing that concerns me is whether some of these players on 2 or 3 year contracts have wage cuts built in for relegation. Most of the squad proved their worth last year so that doesn't worry me too much. McCormack opting to stay in Preston reserves rather than joining us does.

Oh and a couple of other things, in addition to questioning the quality of some of the players brought in, have we just been unlucky on the injury stakes or do we need to take a long hard look at training methods ? Riera injured in training ? Is this genuine or is he missing it oop north ?

To be honest I could debate our current plight all night but I'm knackered and off to bed.

Hey ho tomorrow is another day!

SOUTHEND TIL I DIE!!!

I've said it for a while but I really think there is a bigger gulf between Championship and League 1 than PL and Championship. Theres so many bigger clubs in the CCC these days with some taking advantage of the ridiculous parachute payments when dropping out the PL. Its just making the gulf between Prem and CCC smaller by allowing more clubs the freedom to buy more expensive and generally better quality players. Southampton, Leeds, Ipswich, Sunderland, Leicester, Derby, Wolves, Birmingham, West Brom, Norwich, Crystal Palace I believe have all been given the payments.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Nov. 28 2006,22:22)]The only thing that concerns me is whether some of these players on 2 or 3 year contracts have wage cuts built in for relegation. Most of the squad proved their worth last year so that doesn't worry me too much. McCormack opting to stay in Preston reserves rather than joining us does.

Oh and a couple of other things, in addition to questioning the quality of some of the players brought in, have we just been unlucky on the injury stakes or do we need to take a long hard look at training methods ? Riera injured in training ? Is this genuine or is he missing it oop north ?
According to the radio Riera was injured by Moussa in training. I suppose it's one way to get nearer a first-team spot , kick and injure other players in the squad.

Back