• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

info please

• Thread starter Thread starter robboy49
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    pubs
Status
Not open for further replies.

robboy49

Hello people orient calling,polite inquiry is there any pubs open near the ground before the game on fri,cheers.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ April 12 2005,20:32)]No, not after how our fans were treated at Birdbrain Road.
Not really seeing how thats relevant TtK.

I'm sure the Golden Lion will be open, which is very near the ground. Have a great time but dont win!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ April 12 2005,21:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (robboy49 @ April 12 2005,21:37)]was told its closed.
Pub closed on a friday night? Strange behaviour!
Maybe on please advice after the 'bother' at Birdbrain Road.

Of which I know nothing about!
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ April 12 2005,21:43)]
[b said:
[b said:

rock.gif
Suspicious!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ April 12 2005,21:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BrettieAngell @ April 12 2005,21:43)]
[b said:
[b said:

rock.gif
Suspicious!!!!
Apart from being thrown down the stairs of the South Stand I know nothing about it!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

You dont remember what happened then?

Ok short version -

Sat in home end because couldn't get ticket for the away section.
Guy sitting next to me worked out I was a Southend fan (still baffles me)
5 blokes try kicking my head in.
I get thrown down the stairs of the stand luckily escaping serious injury.
Court case in june!
laugh.gif

How'd you get figured? The big hat with SUFC written on it give you away?
tounge.gif

Whats the pending court case about? Who's been charged with what?! And what happened to you after?! I heard there was trouble but never heard what!

Its just stupid really, all I did was shake my arm in the air when the Southnd fans were singing (I jest ye not!).

One of the guys was arrested and has been identified as the guy who threw me down the stairs, he's being charged with assault.

I got thrown out of the ground and made me getaway!

It was about 5 minutes before half-time the guy next me kicked of and all hell broke loose basically, three or four other guys decided to join in. Luckily I was one seat away from the aisle so I managed to fight my way out of my seat, I got chucked down the stairs this guy follows me down and was still trying to kick my head in, eventually a steward intervened and I was pulled out of the way and I got chucked out.

There was a f**king awesome thread about it on an Orient board, one guy described me as a 'chavy, caravan dweling, pikey dog-end' which couldnt be further from the truth, made me laugh anyway!

Btw I'm a steward at Roots Hall (in case you didn't know) but not on Friday!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back