• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Indian restaurant closed down by council

When I lived in the area I remember the then proprietor owned a beige Ford Capri with a massive spread eagle emblazoned across the bonnet.

I know the old owner of the Rochford restaurant fairly well. He used to own that place about 4 years back, but now runs what was once its sister establishment, The Raj over in Shoeburyness, solely instead.

The Curry house in the article used to be a tremendous night out under his supervision, one of Essex's best with some superb special dishes, but I know of several people (including my folks) that have been since and were massively disappointed with the food, and also that the new owners were simply trading off of the old owners well-established name.

But if you're ever down Shoebury way, check it out. It's just as good as it ever was. Just not in Rochford anymore...

Every Inidian I get is from there! Never had a bad one although I guess I know what is Special about my Royal Special Madras now!

What do I do now! There are three indian restruants close by. The Royal (closed because of roaches), The Raj (they skimmed my card there and did me for £500 worth of fraud) or Monsoon where the food isn't great.

Please help me!!!!

Every Inidian I get is from there! Never had a bad one although I guess I know what is Special about my Royal Special Madras now!

What do I do now! There are three indian restruants close by. The Royal (closed because of roaches), The Raj (they skimmed my card there and did me for £500 worth of fraud) or Monsoon where the food isn't great.

Please help me!!!!

Be like me and eat healthily.

If its changed hands in the last 5 yrs I cannot comment as I havent eaten in there in the last 5 yrs as its a bit far Tunbridge Wells to Rochford for a ruby but it used to be excellent I never had a bad meal once from there.

I know the old owner of the Rochford restaurant fairly well. He used to own that place about 4 years back, but now runs what was once its sister establishment, The Raj over in Shoeburyness, solely instead.

The Curry house in the article used to be a tremendous night out under his supervision, one of Essex's best with some superb special dishes, but I know of several people (including my folks) that have been since and were massively disappointed with the food, and also that the new owners were simply trading off of the old owners well-established name.

But if you're ever down Shoebury way, check it out. It's just as good as it ever was. Just not in Rochford anymore...

Apologies, just realized that I meant The Khan. Not The Raj. Though that might be nice too, if it indeed exists...

I see the Indian take away near Roots Hall has changed again! I have no idea how many times that has changed over the last few years.

Back