• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Improving Shrimperzone

Bromley Blue

The artist formerly known as the_saafender
Hey ppl,

I'm down in Bournemouth at uni and about to start my final year here of an IT degree. I'm constantly on Shrimperzone in order to keep in touch with all things Southend United.

At the mo Im trying to think up an idea for my dissertation. I've been considering an idea which could possibly involve Shrimperzone. This season I tried to get to as many matches as possible but one of my main problems is none of my mates in Grays support the Blues so sometimes I go alone or drag someone along to the odd game. However, for Swansea away I discovered thru Shrimperzone that Wessex Blue was also based in Bournemouth and so managed to grab a lift to Swansea with him and we went for a few beers pre and post match for Bristol City. My dissertation idea is around extending the user profile area of the site so users can learn more about each other. Maybe an interactive map which plots where posters r based in the country. Obviously for privacy reasons it wouldnt go into street detail. This way fans could meet up n car share for away games.

Would this be something you lot would be interested in?

(Posted this in the mod forum but thought I'd get the opinion of you lot as well.)

Doris_Stokes finally makes a genuinely funny post on SZ shock!!!
ghostface.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Could be interesting mate
smile.gif

Can I suggest you PM the admins:

Spaceman Spiff
leeboy
mcnasty
Uxbridge Shrimper
Matt the Shrimp

and give us a bit more detail about what specifically you want to do in your dissertation, what you need from us, timescales etc

Then we can discuss it and take it from there...

smile.gif

Cheers Spaceman will do...problem I've got is its all pretty vague at the mo but I'm thinking along the lines of making the profiles a bit like Myspace in terms of you can link off to other ppl you know...that way for example ...I could find out that you know Uxbridge and Leeboy, etc. Making things less reliant on the PM feature.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (the_saafender @ June 19 2006,11:14)]Cheers Spaceman will do...problem I've got is its all pretty vague at the mo but I'm thinking along the lines of making the profiles a bit like Myspace in terms of you can link off to other ppl you know...that way for example ...I could find out that you know Uxbridge and Leeboy, etc. Making things less reliant on the PM feature.
Well we're certainly all ears mate
smile.gif

If we can do more to bring the users of SZ.com together, then fantastic!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ June 19 2006,11:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (the_saafender @ June 19 2006,11:14)]Cheers Spaceman will do...problem I've got is its all pretty vague at the mo but I'm thinking along the lines of making the profiles a bit like Myspace in terms of you can link off to other ppl you know...that way for example ...I could find out that you know Uxbridge and Leeboy, etc. Making things less reliant on the PM feature.
Well we're certainly all ears mate
smile.gif

If we can do more to bring the users of SZ.com together, then fantastic!
Cheers Uxbridge, over the next month or so I've got to think up the actual title of the project and a short description of it or something so Ile keep u posted. Dunno if it'll amaze as much as that lad who built the model of Fossetts Farm. Credit where credit's due that was amazing!

Oh and whilst I'm at it...if anyone has any suggestions or ideas of things they'd like to see on the site put them forward. My lecturer emphasised that you should do your project on something you're interested in so if I can do something to improve Shrimperzone then happy days.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (the_saafender @ June 19 2006,11:54)]Oh and whilst I'm at it...if anyone has any suggestions or ideas of things they'd like to see on the site put them forward. My lecturer emphasised that you should do your project on something you're interested in so if I can do something to improve Shrimperzone then happy days.
How about an estimate distance to Roots Hall from where the person lives.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back