• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If you are wondering about AFC Fylde

basilrobbie

Striker
1) It's a 15 minute walk (maybe a bit less ) from Kirkham & Wesham railway station

2) I'm not aware of any pubs by the ground (it's on a small retail park)....

3) .... but you will pass a couple en route

4) The Old Vic by Preston Station is recommended. Slow stopping trains from Preston to Blackpool take about ten minutes to get to K&W

5) By road, you can take the Kirkham / Fleetwood exit from the M55. Head towards Fleetwood, it's only a few minutes to the ground.

Last edited:
There is a big sports bar at the ground. Think there’s more screens than they have fans

Far right multi-millionaire looking for a pet project fails to buy Blackpool FC and settles for an obscure local non-league team in a lightly populated area. Promises them a meteoric rise to the Football League within a decade. Spots an opportunity in the shape of controversial local fracking developments and rakes in sportswashing money from fracking companies keen to launder their image among locals. Brand new breeze block stadium on an out of town roundabout (if you can call it a town), average attendance one sixth of its capacity, even in a promotion season.

Can't say I'm endeared to them. They've got a remarkably busy 'controversies' section on Wikipedia for a relatively new, relatively minor non-league club. Suffice to say if there's an anti-FGR, they're it.

All that said...it's the last away game of the season and a delightfully local fixture for me (while offering a boozy weekend in sunny* Blackpool for most other Shrimpers). Promises to be a good one. And a strong candidate for a game where we outnumber the home supporters!

*experiences may vary

Last edited:
Far right multi-millionaire looking for a pet project fails to buy Blackpool FC and settles for an obscure local non-league team in a lightly populated area. Promises them a meteoric rise to the Football League within a decade. Spots an opportunity in the shape of controversial local fracking developments and rakes in sportswashing money from fracking companies keen to launder their image among locals. Brand new breeze block stadium on an out of town roundabout (if you can call it a town), average attendance one sixth of its capacity, even in a promotion season.

Can't say I'm endeared to them. They've got a remarkably busy 'controversies' section on Wikipedia for a relatively new, relatively minor non-league club. Suffice to say if there's an anti-FGR, they're it.

All that said...it's the last away game of the season and a delightfully local fixture for me (while offering a boozy weekend in sunny* Blackpool for most other Shrimpers). Promises to be a good one. And a strong candidate for a game where we outnumber the home supporters!

*experiences may vary
Is FAR-age gonna make an offer for us? Although, a bit brassic, so I understand

"If you are wondering about AFC Fylde" - Surely this is the most surreal thread title in the history of SZ.

But, that said, I am enjoying it. And now I am kind of wondering about AFC Fylde, albeit in a very low key fashion

*experiences may vary

Wasn't top of my list for away day/weekender. Having read about their far right owner and its traditionally fancy dress last game of the season. I will dust of my old SS uniform. Probably won't get as many laughs in the modern world

Your not a real football fan unless you have at least 2 worn once half scarves gathering dust in the back of a cupboard somewhere.

Seemed a good idea at the time 😬

I had a half scarf. On one side was Southend United and on the other was LDV Final 2004.

Back