• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ideas for Programme

thats good the programmes had alot of stuff i didnt really care about this year hopefully it will have more about southend in next seasons programme
biggrin.gif

My favourite feature from the official Blues' matchday programme use to be the travel directions. The suspense of where we would be directed for the following game was always something special. Would it be the right day, would it be the right kick-off time, would it be the right ground!

I fully believe the new official Blues' matchday programme editor can make the travel directions as interesting and unique as they were in the good old days.

Secondly I hope that Colin Murphy's official Blues' matchday programme notes can be revived. I always found them a challenging yet informative read. Hopefully Mr Murphy can be persuaded to become a guest columnist. I'm sure he would be an improvement on those boring notes penned by P. Napper. They are such a dire read anyone would think (s)he writes for the Echo.

Thirdly I think Rocket Rog's local non-league obituary column should be expanded into a full feature. I for one find it difficult to keep up with goings-on in hospital radio 40 years ago without the aid of his insights.

Finally I'm a would be keen cyclist, but for the fact I'm without a bicycle. I would therefore appreciate it if the programme contains plenty of adverts from local cycle stockists containing glossy colour photographs of their goods.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 17 2004,12:49)]I would therefore appreciate it if the programme contains plenty of adverts from local cycle stockists containing glossy colour photographs of their goods.
Oh yes. Preferably featuring green leotards as well...

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 17 2004,12:49)]. I'm sure he would be an improvement on those boring notes penned by P. Napper. They are such a dire read anyone would think (s)he writes for the Echo.
Hahaha. It's true.

To be honest, you try and make some of the material I have to write about interesting to read...

biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 19 2004,11:05)]I see Scriv's recruitment drive has already kicked in...

Fanzone: "The Axe Has Fallen Again"

Nice piece from our Javea Shrimper (I presume).

One quibble... no success for 13 years?  Is that right?  I'd say that every season we stayed in Div 1 was a success for a club of our size, which makes it no success in 8 years...

rock.gif

Matt
Id say getting to Cardiff was a success, which makes it no success for ooo, 8 weeks.  
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

smile.gif

a section were the club interview a different fan each week like on the southend footymad site im sure most on here would be interested in taking part.
smile.gif

Lets get the ideas going chaps. We always moan at the club for not talking to us, so now they are, lets get the idea's going. Im off out for the rest of the day but there's a few ideas i want to run over Scriv with and im sure he'd love some more ideas.

Kev

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 19 2004,12:11)]Lets get the ideas going chaps. We always moan at the club for not talking to us, so now they are, lets get the idea's going. Im off out for the rest of the day but there's a few ideas i want to run over Scriv with and im sure he'd love some more ideas.

Kev
You forgot to mention about ideas Kev.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ May 19 2004,12:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 19 2004,12:11)]Lets get the ideas going chaps. We always moan at the club for not talking to us, so now they are, lets get the idea's going. Im off out for the rest of the day but there's a few ideas i want to run over Scriv with and im sure he'd love some more ideas.

Kev
ideas or idea's?

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 19 2004,12:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ May 19 2004,12:13)]
[b said:

Kev
ideas or idea's?

biggrin.gif
I aint got the time ... or the inclination at the moment. Got a footie tourny at school, then umpiring some cricket and then off to play footie with you mugs later.

Cya then.

Kev

biggrin.gif

I always like the "The day we went to..." section and I also used to like the opposing fans view. I also liked the Brains of the blues section although i think that may have been more of an official website thing.

Back