• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winkle

Manager
It's been a while since I posted on here but after yesterdays game ,I feeling utterly frustrated with our performance , so it seems easy to share my post match thoughts with fellow shrimpers.I have been to every game this season(home) and have not missed a home game at the hall for some seven seasons. Am I the only one who is sick of watching a team that promise so much but deliver so little? Is it only me who sees a team bereft of any idea's when it comes to doing basic things. Yesterdays game (to me) was utter garbage, again and I am sick to death with hearing luggys excuses all the time. I dont hate sturrock, I admire him in a way but that first half perfomance yesterday and over the last couple of months has been bordering on shocking. If I was a neutral watching our team over the last 3 monthes I would say we are definatly relegation fodder, as our performances have been whoeful.When we played Daggers two monthes ago they played us off the park, a team that are bottom and have preety much lossed every game since and we ended up with a draw and Accrington yesterday , passed it around as if they were the home team with ten times the team spirit we have and if I am brutally honest deserved to win without doubt. Before zoners start shooting me down about "We are joint second or are in the playoffs" I cant see us getting promotion because the only way I feel that could happen would be in the playoffs and when we play anyside with a bit of guile or football we collapse like a pack of cards. I looked at our team yesterday and apart from "Philips, Clohessey, Harris and Martin, the others (On current form) would all struggle to get in any league 2 side. Most shocking for me is the form of "Timlin" who looks to try and pull all the midfeild strings except the one controling his feet and has given the ball away more in the last 5 games than he has done all season. Sawyer seems totally lost and was a shadow yesterday along with "Prosser and Gilbert" I am not a Prosser fan and it was his stupid ball across our midfeild that caused there goal, why did'nt he just row z it like he started doing from the kickoff. His goal I.M.O was a cross not a shot and it went in but honestly, if we get in the playoffs, would you want him in your side up against a quality attack? I don't like "Gilbert" either but at least you now what you get with him( No passing just long balls). Pat Baldwin even unfit is twice the defender "Prosser" is so Why give him a contract to the end of the season and not give him a run.Why does luggy come out of a bad performance and say things like "I will make changes" and then pick the same side again?
I am not a "Doommongerer" just sick of seeing dross dressed up to be something else and truly beleive we have some good playes capable of playing some more football to get us up.

We have been generally awful at home all season and only seem to start playing when we are behind. Considering we have 11 away wins already we should be shoe-ins for promotion, and I think our home from could cost us in the end.

It's been a while since I posted on here but after yesterdays game ,I feeling utterly frustrated with our performance , so it seems easy to share my post match thoughts with fellow shrimpers.I have been to every game this season(home) and have not missed a home game at the hall for some seven seasons. Am I the only one who is sick of watching a team that promise so much but deliver so little? Is it only me who sees a team bereft of any idea's when it comes to doing basic things. Yesterdays game (to me) was utter garbage, again and I am sick to death with hearing luggys excuses all the time. I dont hate sturrock, I admire him in a way but that first half perfomance yesterday and over the last couple of months has been bordering on shocking. If I was a neutral watching our team over the last 3 monthes I would say we are definatly relegation fodder, as our performances have been whoeful.When we played Daggers two monthes ago they played us off the park, a team that are bottom and have preety much lossed every game since and we ended up with a draw and Accrington yesterday , passed it around as if they were the home team with ten times the team spirit we have and if I am brutally honest deserved to win without doubt. Before zoners start shooting me down about "We are joint second or are in the playoffs" I cant see us getting promotion because the only way I feel that could happen would be in the playoffs and when we play anyside with a bit of guile or football we collapse like a pack of cards. I looked at our team yesterday and apart from "Philips, Clohessey, Harris and Martin, the others (On current form) would all struggle to get in any league 2 side. Most shocking for me is the form of "Timlin" who looks to try and pull all the midfeild strings except the one controling his feet and has given the ball away more in the last 5 games than he has done all season. Sawyer seems totally lost and was a shadow yesterday along with "Prosser and Gilbert" I am not a Prosser fan and it was his stupid ball across our midfeild that caused there goal, why did'nt he just row z it like he started doing from the kickoff. His goal I.M.O was a cross not a shot and it went in but honestly, if we get in the playoffs, would you want him in your side up against a quality attack? I don't like "Gilbert" either but at least you now what you get with him( No passing just long balls). Pat Baldwin even unfit is twice the defender "Prosser" is so Why give him a contract to the end of the season and not give him a run.Why does luggy come out of a bad performance and say things like "I will make changes" and then pick the same side again?
I am not a "Doommongerer" just sick of seeing dross dressed up to be something else and truly beleive we have some good playes capable of playing some more football to get us up.
could not agree more, when we play sides half way up ,or near the bottom of this league, they cant understand how a team playing such shocking football can be in a playoff position.

Back