• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Husin proud to be clocking up his Shrimpers century

NOOR Husin is proud to be reaching his Southend United century.

The composed midfielder will be making his 100th appearance for the Shrimpers when he takes on Eastleigh at Roots Hall on Tuesday night.

And Husin is keen to make it a night to remember against a team he has previously impressed against.

"All my goals seem to come against them so hopefully I'll get another one tonight," said Husin, who has netted twice in four matches against the Spitfires.

"I'm going to be really proud getting to 100 games.

"I didn't know about it until just now but it's been a good journey here so far.

"I've loved every game I've played for this club.

"I love being here and it's a proud moment.

"It's the first time I've done it for a club.

"It means a lot to me and hopefully I can play a lot more."

Husin joined Blues from Dartford back in January 2022 and quickly established himself as a regular starter in Kevin Maher's side.

And he cannot wait to line up at Roots Hall again tomorrow night.

"I think my favourite thing here would be the atmosphere, especially in the home games," said Husin.

"You feel such an energy boost with the positivity around the place so I would say it's mostly the home games."

Husin will be hoping for another boost against Eastleigh on Tuesday.

But it is a match from last season which remains his favourite.

"I think there have been a few but I'd say Chesterfield from last season I think," said Husin.

"Where we were as a club up against a team who were flying made it memorable.

"But last season in general was a high point and the way we stuck together.

"We should've finished in the play-offs and that was frustrating but we're getting better every year in terms of the table."

The Shrimpers are keen to push on again this season.

And Husin is determined to make sure Roots Hall remains a tough place for opposing teams to visit.

"We've got to turn it into a fortress if we can," said Husin.

"We need to make it really difficult to come here and hopefully we'll get the three points."

Back