• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Was told by a pal that the commentator on Wednesday night claimed that Hurst has the most assists this season in any English division , if true this is some achievement and also does this make him teh first name on TS each game .

It was his cut back for Reeves goal aswell so that would further add to his tally - good player that boy and well done

Yes, they did say it, and it's true. If you look back at Hall, and now Hurst, we've been pretty lucky with some excellent goal providers recently.

Didnt we hear the same stat for Ryan Hall Last Season? He had 19 in total..

This year so Far

League 2 = Kevan Hurst - 14

League 1 = David Cotterill - 13

Championship = Chris Eagles - 12

Premiership = Juan Mata - 10

indeed I've already mentioned it. However the thing that I remember was being in the South Lower right by where he cut inside away from the full back. When he kicked on a couple of bits of grass and mud flew up such was the stamp to get the extra yard. The pace at pitch level is really quite remarkable. You forget how good these players are even at out level. Hurst is quality. It was a brilliant piece of play.
Also got a very good view of Reeves' mi****. However he'd taken up such a brilliant position the only way he was going to miss was to hit it straight at the keeper.

SOOOO Overrated. He's only got that many assists because of the number of set-pieces and because we have no creativity on the left so everything runs down the right hand side. Any RM who takes all the set-pieces worth his spit would have these figures.

SOOOO Overrated. He's only got that many assists because of the number of set-pieces and because we have no creativity on the left so everything runs down the right hand side. Any RM who takes all the set-pieces worth his spit would have these figures.

a Tad bitter we are league 2!

so why does he have the most out of anyone else in the country

indeed I've already mentioned it. However the thing that I remember was being in the South Lower right by where he cut inside away from the full back. When he kicked on a couple of bits of grass and mud flew up such was the stamp to get the extra yard. The pace at pitch level is really quite remarkable. You forget how good these players are even at out level. Hurst is quality. It was a brilliant piece of play.
Also got a very good view of Reeves' mi****. However he'd taken up such a brilliant position the only way he was going to miss was to hit it straight at the keeper.

The guy has great techique and quality...on Wednesday Orient identified him and shut him out of the game....All until the 91st minute when he got an opportunity to create something, and he didn't disappoint. He clearly has weaknesses in his game or he wouldn't be playing at this level, but you won't see many better players in Division 4 than Kevan Hurst.

He has some ability and a good delivery- but the icing on the cake is he always works very hard indeed. Even if things aren't coming off. For me more than good enough for L1 if we can ever get there..

By that logic, we either have an extremely high set piece count, or there are no set-piece takes "worth their spit" in the rest of England. :thumbsup:

By that logic, we either have an extremely high set piece count, or there are no set-piece takes "worth their spit" in the rest of England. :thumbsup:

Kev is head and shoulders over any wingers we've had over the last 10 years (including Ryan Hall).

Buy of the year and a massive contender for player of the season, so far! will be an even better player in L1 with more time on the ball.

Ryan Who ???

And I get called negative! Have a word fella, he's the highest in the country.

Top player, chipped in with some vital goals too (and theyre usually good ones!). Technically very good, great free kicks but as someone else mentioned his work rate is superb and has linked up so well with Sean. Credit to Luggy too for turning a player who hasnt done a great deal elsewhere into a top consistent performer. He's done that with a few players.

Actually think his set pieces, particularly corners, are the area he needs to work most on, it's his crossing and work rate that are SO good. Personally, I think Reeves takes a better corner kick and Freddy takes a better free kick (for a shot).

All credit to him :thumbsup: - but I do think the point made about so much attacking taking place down the right is a matter for consideration ........ or to put it another way, the lack of the same threat on the left has, at times for me, meant that the left has been tricky to defend.

Hmmm - not sure the above reads correctly but I am working on the fact that attack is the best form of defence ...... unless we are playing against Bradford and their left back runs all the way up the pitch leaving Clohessey and Hurst trailing in his wake as we go a goal down .............. perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned that ...........:winking:

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back