• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How great is it being a shrimper...

OlvisIII

Coach
What a game football is.  Every Saturday it can destroy the weekend or absolutely make it.  It truly is a game that captivates all the emotions.  But what makes it more is being a shrimper.

We don't have too many nights like tonight - we don't win too many trophies - we don't have a great history of success - but nights like tonight are unbelievable.  I'm a 28 year old man who was on his knees in a house in Devon close to tears because our boys had made us so proud.  I don't think Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool or Man Utd fans will ever feel like that.  

Thank you Steve for giving our club the success it deserves - thank you Southend for giving us a moment that we will cherish.  I love you Southend United - you will always have a special place in my heart.

Time to have another beer......
smile.gif

at 9:50 tonight my phone stopped working as i had so many text from random friends congratulating me about the result!!

the last few years have been amazing, i love it

Doesn't matter how many lows the blues give you, its nights like this that make it all worth the money, tears, frustrations all worth it. As Robbie Earle said "the best team won."

F*****G SUPERB!!!

I can't believe we did it!! Any red Manc scum at work better take the week off sick!! That said, I don't think they will hear me for a day or two. A large Jim Beam or several may help get the voice back!

I make no apology for my avatar, other than to Mr Paynter who has had good reason to be replaced!!!

My son's first match was the defeat at home to Yeovil at the end of the 2004/2005 season. Since then he has seen us in 2 seasons win the League 2 play offs and League 1 Championship.

I have been trying to tell him that he should make the most of it because it isn't always like this at Roots Hall, and we have had to endure year after year of misery in the past few years (prior to him joining me at Roots Hall, in fact). Just as he is beginning to believe me (as we slump to the bottom of the Championship) we go and beat Man Utd.

How will he ever learn?

Fantastic result tonight Shrimps!

All the best from the TigerNation

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SouthendTiger @ Nov. 07 2006,23:46)]Fantastic result tonight Shrimps!

smile.gif
Cheers Freddy - superb to see you back on here.

What an unbelievable night. I'm still floating on air.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SouthendTiger @ Nov. 07 2006,23:46)]Fantastic result tonight Shrimps!

smile.gif
I spent the whole of last week slagging off my 2 Wolves supporting mates saying how we were going to win, yes foolish I know.... but they've been giving me stick since...

However tonight them and pretty much every other footy mate I've got has been txted or sent me a text about the game.

Not sure if that shows the spirit of the under dog or how much everyone hates Manure!!!!

Who Cares WE WON!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 08 2006,00:54)]
[b said:

smile.gif
Cheers Freddy - superb to see you back on here.

What an unbelievable night.  I'm still floating on air.

biggrin.gif
Matt, was Jonny Stokes with you and SlipperDuke, and if so what was his reaction? Would love to have seen the three of you when Freddy scored!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I said to my Newcastle fan mate, we're gonna need some flavs heroics, a moment of freddy magic & a large tranche of bonne chance...

Back