• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Holloway's Latest Cretinous Outpouring

EastStandBlue

Life President
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...one-Japan-blasts-Blackpools-Ian-Holloway.html

Some choice quotes, including:

"What do the FA need the money for, and what right have they got to it, anyway?"

Well, the FA do actually have a great need for the finance required to run the country's game, and they have a right to fine Ferguson because he broke the rules.

"Why can't they help the rest of the world, for a change, and do something useful with it?"

I must've missed the countless charitable events and causes that the FA champion.

"When we were fined, I got the club to ask the FA if they could give the money to Gary Parkinson and his wife. That's where I wanted it to go, but we didn't even get a reply."

Probably because the FA weren't established to bow to your every whim.

The Ian Holloway show is becoming increasingly tiresome now.

The bloke is a tit if the highest order - always has been. The press love him cos he once said something funny and have kissed his arse ever since.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...one-Japan-blasts-Blackpools-Ian-Holloway.html

Some choice quotes, including:

"What do the FA need the money for, and what right have they got to it, anyway?"

Well, the FA do actually have a great need for the finance required to run the country's game, and they have a right to fine Ferguson because he broke the rules.

"Why can't they help the rest of the world, for a change, and do something useful with it?"

I must've missed the countless charitable events and causes that the FA champion.

"When we were fined, I got the club to ask the FA if they could give the money to Gary Parkinson and his wife. That's where I wanted it to go, but we didn't even get a reply."

Probably because the FA weren't established to bow to your every whim.

The Ian Holloway show is becoming increasingly tiresome now.

The FA are an apallingly managed organisation whose stewardship of the game is flawed in so many ways.

Ian Holloway is somewhat outspoken and does not always think things through before speaking but I think his heart is in the right place. He, too, does good work for charity, having three profoundly deaf children. I'm sure I'd rather spend time in his company than that of any of the moguls at the FA.

The FA are an apallingly managed organisation whose stewardship of the game is flawed in so many ways.

Ian Holloway is somewhat outspoken and does not always think things through before speaking but I think his heart is in the right place. He, too, does good work for charity, having three profoundly deaf children. I'm sure I'd rather spend time in his company than that of any of the moguls at the FA.

I'm not contesting that though, am I? I'm contesting the subject of Holloway's rant which is thoroughly misguided and inaccurate. The very notion that the FA have no need for money is absolutely ludicrous, as portrayed by how the association is whoring Wembley out at every opportunity.

I have my own criticisms of the FA, the fact it took them the best part of two decades to replace Lilleshall with St. George's Park is scandalous, but to criticise them for adhering to punishments is nonsense.

I'm not contesting that though, am I? I'm contesting the subject of Holloway's rant which is thoroughly misguided and inaccurate. The very notion that the FA have no need for money is absolutely ludicrous, as portrayed by how the association is whoring Wembley out at every opportunity.

I have my own criticisms of the FA, the fact it took them the best part of two decades to replace Lilleshall with St. George's Park is scandalous, but to criticise them for adhering to punishments is nonsense.

But you did call him cretinous, and Mick's argument is that his heart is in the right place, even if he is outspoken, and that despite the fact that you see him as a cretin, he would rather spend time with him as opposed to those you are defending, the FA. IH as many others do, believe the fine was harsh and was expressing his opinion, in his own way and probably didn't deserve to vilified as a cretin for doing such. Most prefer to have colourful characters such as IH in the game, even if sometimes they do overstep the mark.

Because they spent ridiculous amounts of money building it!

Ian Holloway is exactly what the Premiership needed. Someone who tells it how it is everytime he's asked a question and is not afraid to stand up for himself or others.

Because they spent ridiculous amounts of money building it!

There is that, but we drastically needed to overhaul Wembley as the place was falling down. I'm talking about the money that the FA needs to inject into grass roots football, coaching schemes and education and the like. The sponsorship that the FA draws in from the likes of Vauxhall doesn't contribute anywhere near enough, but that's the consequence of a failing international team.

Ian Holloway is exactly what the Premiership needed. Someone who tells it how it is everytime he's asked a question and is not afraid to stand up for himself or others.

I'm all for having characters in the Premiership... I'd much sooner have the likes of Mourinho in the league than Mancini, for instance, but Holloway has become a parody of himself. Despite the hypocritical nature of his rant about Rooney, I thought he was spot on calling him out, but this rant is without substance IMO.

Back