• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread HMRC v SUFC

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️🦐
Staff member
Ok, so this is in effect a match. So I thought I would start a match thread.

Beautiful conditions at The High Court today, perfect for silky style of play.

People's thought's on how the match will go?

I personally think the bill will be part paid this morning and an agreement reached for the rest to be paid over the next few weeks. I'm pretty sure that's what Accrington did recently?...

Southend 1 - 0 HMRC, Ron to score a last minute winner and give us a 1st leg lead.

Attendance around the 12 mark, including a Sainsburys branded giant cheque and Pudsey bear.

Remember it is a 10:30 K.O on pitch 55.

Last edited:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/accrington_stanley/8341085.stm

They are in the clear it seems.

We've had too many chances. In a way, Administration may hurt BIG TIME, but may help get to the bottom of our finances and sort out what is what.
I worry about morale and capability of our size squad to survive though... ten points hurts.

Go Southend UNITED.
We'll never die!

Wont be bottom though and only 4 points from 'safety', so its not all that bad - especially if we can keep the squad, T&B and get the embargo lifted... Plus if King goes, maybe Revs will come back too.

News is getting better all the time!

Where's Mick's "Ref Watch" for this game?

Allow me:

Mr Justice Warren has been appointed president of the Finance and Tax Chamber at the higher appeals level of the newly reformed tribunals system in the UK. The regime is the first rung of judicial proceedings in Britain in areas such as tax, and consists of a First Tier and an Upper Tribunal, which the Finance and Tax Chamber is part of.

Mr Justice Warren is a judge in the Chancery Division of the High Court. Some of the tax cases he has given his verdict on include the Pringles case where he decided that the product was not a potato crisp and so should be zero-rated for VAT. He takes up his new appointment on April 1.

From here

Ok, so this is in effect a match. So I thought I would start a match thread.

Beautiful conditions at The High Court today, perfect for silky style of play.

People's thought's on how the match will go?

I personally think the bill will be part paid this morning and an agreement reached for the rest to be paid over the next few weeks. I'm pretty sure that's what Accrington did recently?...

Southend 1 - 0 HMRC, Ron to score a last minute winner and give us a 1st leg lead.

Attendance around the 12 mark, including a Sainsburys branded giant cheque and Pudsey bear.

Remember it is a 10:30 K.O on pitch 55.

Blues go into the match with a couple of yellow cards and multiple injuries to the team. Expect them to bring their youth players (piggy bank) on as sub as a last ditch attempt to save the game.

Best we can hope for is a draw and a replay in a few weeks.

Expect a post-match interview along the following lines...

'Disappointing really, we had plenty of chances but didn't take them. Like I say, when you come to places like this its always going to be difficult but we didn't really offer much in defence and we got found out in the end.'

'I thought we were a bit naive in our attack, maybe we got a little over-confident and people started believing the media hype about our position you know. I mean HMRC Utd. have got huge backing and we knew exactly what to expect when you come to places like this but if a team like Accrington Stanley can come here and get a result..well, like I say its disappointing.'

Still, we've got to move on from this and remain positive. The table doesn't lie, this result puts us firmly back in the relegation scrap. We're going to bring some new faces in on a short-term deal who will hopefully steady the ship, as it were, and hopefully we can bounce back from this.'

(sorry if this is in poor taste)

Allow me:

Mr Justice Warren has been appointed president of the Finance and Tax Chamber at the higher appeals level of the newly reformed tribunals system in the UK. The regime is the first rung of judicial proceedings in Britain in areas such as tax, and consists of a First Tier and an Upper Tribunal, which the Finance and Tax Chamber is part of.

Mr Justice Warren is a judge in the Chancery Division of the High Court. Some of the tax cases he has given his verdict on include the Pringles case where he decided that the product was not a potato crisp and so should be zero-rated for VAT. He takes up his new appointment on April 1.

From here

He also has some previous in the football industry, having heard the case of Football Association Premier League Ltd and others v LCD Publishing Ltd.

Also found this on a blog - Warren is a thoroughly decent old cove determined to be fair to all sides. Whereas a lot of judges in that Court are ornery sons-of-bitches Warren is genuinely helpful. Unfortunately, all too often too helpful. He is loathe to strike out cases or otherwise crack the whip of the new Civil Procedure Rules:

Is Warren one of these sorts likely to one day be discovered dead surrounded by illegal substances, a 17 year-old Brazilian boy, various root vegetables and lubrication? If so we could be in with a chance here.

Allow me:

From here

I wonder if (when ? :'() it all goes tits up RM will leap up and start singing "Who's the w*nker in the wig"

Sadly I think the best we can hope for today is an Adam Barrettesque last-ditch goal-line save but without Barney in attack, we're toothless :(

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back