• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

HI

hereford fan here I come in peace, feel really sorry for you guys it happened to us a few years ago it's horrible, to see your club die in front of you . I wish you guys all the best for the future keep fighting for your club.
Many thanks, BB - used to really enjoy the trips to Edgar Street and a few beers in The Barrels beforehand. I do keep a look to see where The Bulls are in hope we can play each other again.

Thanks for your support. I visited Edgar St the last time we played you 2012. One way or another am sure there'll be future games between us 'on the grass'.

Thanks for your support. I visited Edgar St the last time we played you 2012. One way or another am sure there'll be future games between us 'on the grass'.
hope so really do thanks for the welcome guys, I've only been to one match at roots hall fa cup in the early 80,s we did win amazingly 1-0, what a journey on a coach.

Ahh, Edgar Street. Always a special memory for my only visit there to date.

As covered in the 'good book', here is my Edgar Street memory:

EDGAR STREET, Hereford United 3 Southend United 1, FA Cup Round One, Saturday 21 November 1981

In 2006, BBC 5 Live’s 606 programme invited listeners to submit a brief story ‘about the passion, drama, agony or ecstasy of the beautiful game’. A 1981 trip to Edgar Street was my entry. There was a 300 words limit and my offering was as follows:

‘A Southend fan washed up in Plymouth in 1981, our ball had come out of the hat after Hereford’s. So off I went to Edgar Street, once host to a glorious 70’s FA Cup parka pitch invasion, for a nice relaxing day trip and the start of our annual forlorn assault on Wembley. I left my digs at 6.30 am for the seven mile cycle ride to the train station. One mile in I had a puncture, ran back home to dump the bike, and then hitched a lift to Plymouth centre. Train caught just in time, three changes and five hours later I was in Hereford. We lost 3-1. About turn for the train ride back, but British Rail was in meltdown. Changes this time had to be made at Newport, Bristol Parkway, Bristol Temple Meads, Taunton, Exeter St David’s and Newton Abbot, arriving back in Plymouth around 1.00 am. It was peeing down (I mean, really peeing down, Plymouth style), the last bus had gone, no stranger wanted to give a drenched inadequately clothed young adult a lift, and so I walked. An hour or so later, about one mile away from the end, a cop car pulled up and asked where I had been. I told them my story and submitted a soggy programme as Exhibit A. They took the ****, told me that they were on the look-out for a peeping tom but believed my unique alibi and desire just to get home rather than peep at Tom or anyone, declined to give me a lift up the steep hill before me, suggested I support a better team, and sped off laughing. I eventually got back some 20 hours after leaving. Never mind, there’s always next year I thought.’

hope so really do thanks for the welcome guys, I've only been to one match at roots hall fa cup in the early 80,s we did win amazingly 1-0, what a journey on a coach.
Remember that game well. Recall going home after the game in total shock. Think it was the only game we lost at Roots Hall all season.

Yes, it was definately the only game we lost at home that season.....i was in the open southbank standing next to the thirty or so Bulls fans. .....no segregation then.
I think we drew 2 home league games 0-0 , one was against rochdale i seem to remember.

Remember that game well. Recall going home after the game in total shock. Think it was the only game we lost at Roots Hall all season.
Especially as we were top, they were bottom and we only conceded 6 league goals at the Hall all season.

Yes, it was definately the only game we lost at home that season.....i was in the open southbank standing next to the thirty or so Bulls fans. .....no segregation then.
I think we drew 2 home league games 0-0 , one was against rochdale i seem to remember.
I am afraid the memory is letting you down, 'cos you're wrong on both counts :Winking: :

23 jan northampton 0 - 0
27 feb doncaster 0 - 0
11 apl lincoln 0 - 0

1 may rochdale 1 - 1 (Hadley) Last game of the season.

fbm was correct just 6 league goals conceded - only 7 if you include the cup games. That 1 goal of course being the one that Hereford scored.

Fortress Roots Hall!

Thanks Crowstone, I stand corrected. I remembered only drawing against Rochdale.....probably because it was the last game...thought it was 0-0 .... but I was only 12 years old and I thought it spoilt our season.....I was expecting a win ! I remember my dad (Rip) moaning all the way back to the buffet bar at Southend victoria station! ☺

hereford fan here I come in peace, feel really sorry for you guys it happened to us a few years ago it's horrible, to see your club die in front of you . I wish you guys all the best for the future keep fighting for your club.
I live in Hereford. Many thanks for your good wishes. Can see the Edgar St lights from my flat window

Especially as we were top, they were bottom and we only conceded 6 league goals at the Hall all season.
I was at both the Cup defeats being discussed. Saw Hereford play at Tiverton a few years back and had a chat with your very successful manager—an ex Blue—who got sacked quite. soon after.

Back