• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Heroes To Villains

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐🦐
Richie Foran was our Hero against Burnley but Today he was set up so many times on the edge of the area with the whole Goal to aim at with plenty of time and he managed to fire it well wide or way over the Bar ,about Four Hours extra Shooting practice for him this week I hope .
I was just saying to the guy next to me that Gower hadn't done anything yet and I hope he wakes up when he scores within a Minute .Now Leeds did not look like scoring in open play but they did cause us lots of problems form Free kicks as the Tall players in their Team were like battering rams with lots of pushing ,Elbowing ,Hands in Face and the odd trip ,so the last thing you want to do with Two Minutes to go is give them a Free Kick on the edge of the area as they wont score without One ,up steps the obliging Mark Gower ,there you go Boys ,have that One on me ,I can easily win the Ball fairly but there you go in the most dangerous place .Now having spent the whole Game defending the Free Kicks played in the Air ,we now fall for the sucker Ball played along the ground for the deadly and unbelievaby totally unmarked Healy .What a gut wrenching stupid Goal and extra Two points to throw away .:mad:

unfortunatly thats what happens if you give silly free kicks away at this level.

you can maybe get away with it the lower leagues ,but up against international players you've got to be mor careful as lets face it in David healey they have a player that is capable of scoring these type of goals , and its that type of school boy error defending that has been our downfall this season.

it's a shame because going forward we look a decent side and are certainly not in the worst 3 teams in that department.

Any news on the fighting ?

I was just thinking that, so if anyone knows anything please let me know!

Hope there wasn't any as I heard the leeds fan were pretty well secured by police on horses and armed walking cops etc etc!!

</end of being off topic>.

That was so frustrating it was unreal, so close yet so far. Felt a bit like we'd lost when walking out of the ground. Still, 7 points over the last week is a good return and we're right in the mix but it's important now that we don't lose at Hull. If we can avoid defeat there it'll still be all in our own hands

Very harsh on Foran. He helped us in defending alot today. Ok he had a few poor shots but we should be blaming a lapse in concentration for the draw.

Richie didn't have the best of games today, but he wasn't alone. JCR seemed a bit flat too, Gower played well as did Francis and Sodje. I knew they were going to score with that free kick at the end, it's a shame because now we're back in the relegation zone.

If you look at the run ins for the other teams then you will see that we have a very good chance of staying up. All is not lost :).

I thought Foran was excellent today. Defended well from a few set pieces, worked extremely hard and chased everything. Only complaint is that he should've made it 2-0 in the 2nd half.

I never actually said that he played very bad ,I was talking about his dreadful Shooting .There is a lot more to striking a Ball than meets the Eye ,his problem seemed to be balance as he seemed to lean back as he let go of the trigger which tends to fire high over once you strike the bottom half of the Ball .It's something that is easily improved no end with practice by being more in a line over the Ball and striking through the middle of it .The good thing was that he got in the position so many times to have the Shots which is very encouraging .

I never actually said that he played very bad ,I was talking about his dreadful Shooting .There is a lot more to striking a Ball than meets the Eye ,his problem seemed to be balance as he seemed to lean back as he let go of the trigger which tends to fire high over once you strike the bottom half of the Ball .It's something that is easily improved no end with practice by being more in a line over the Ball and striking through the middle of it .The good thing was that he got in the position so many times to have the Shots which is very encouraging .

Being a professional footballer he should already know this - and therefore he did not do very well. Dont get me wrong, but he didn't play that badly, and he's certainly a battler, but his shooting today was ****.

Bring on the Hull!!!

Just saw the highlights on The Championship. The chance where Bradbury rounded the keeper and crossed it to Foran was a terrible miss.

Foran only had one defender between him and an open goal.

Not blaming him for the draw but that would have killed the game off.....

Just saw the highlights on The Championship. The chance where Bradbury rounded the keeper and crossed it to Foran was a terrible miss.

Foran only had one defender between him and an open goal.

Not blaming him for the draw but that would have killed the game off.....

Was about to come and post the exact same thing!

Foran, what a miss, wwwwhhhhhhhhhatttttt a miss. :cry:

And eastwood hit the post - how unlucky! :confused:

And what was with their free kick! You can't leave a player like that unmarked. It was a quality struck shot with an immense power behind it.

Oh well, we kind of asked for a draw giving at that many free kicks!

:mad:

Healey did really well, he was in the 6 yard box and burst outwards losing his marker, he should have been followed but it was good movement, unfortunately.

Thought their penalty claim was nonsense, but seeing it just now Francis definitely handballed....

Healy is one of the best players in the division but he shouldn't have been able to find that much space in the box. I'd have hoped we'd have had men on the posts too but I suppose that is hindsight for you....

Healy is one of the best players in the division but he shouldn't have been able to find that much space in the box. I'd have hoped we'd have had men on the posts too but I suppose that is hindsight for you....

The really annoying thing was he showed us exactly what he was going to do just 10 seconds before when they first attempted to take the corner but were stopped by the ref. I thought "at least they'll be alert to that ploy now", but I was obviously mistaken.

I thought Foran was excellent today. Defended well from a few set pieces, worked extremely hard and chased everything. Only complaint is that he should've made it 2-0 in the 2nd half.

Sorry to **** on your chips but Foran was 100% at fault for there goal.

Healy did that move seconds before he scored but the ref made them move the ball. As he made them replace the ball both Hunt and Bradders told Foran to stick on Healy as he had just peeled off.

Ref blows his whistle and Foran forgets the plan and goes back on the post leaving Healy a free shot.

:fury:

still don't think that gowers tackley to concede the free-kick which lead to the goal for leeds should have been given. there player just seemed to fall over

still don't think that gowers tackley to concede the free-kick which lead to the goal for leeds should have been given. there player just seemed to fall over

From my view in SSU yesterday i thought it probably was a foul . From the replay on TV today I think you are right

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back