• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Cardwell

If he does go then it looks like Waldron is gonna have to step up big time… yes we can reinvest but are we gonna find someone like Cardwell again, especially at this point in the season

So we are averaging around 7500 at home and harry is adored by the fans why oh why go to a club with zero to offer..
Oh apart from more £££££s

We need to be top payers to hold onto our top players and why can’t we compete

So we are averaging around 7500 at home and harry is adored by the fans why oh why go to a club with zero to offer..
Oh apart from more £££££s

We need to be top payers to hold onto our top players and why can’t we compete
There’s being top payers and there is taking the mick for this level and I would suggest FGR will offer him a stupid wage that we will never match and quite rightly so

Not sure what 7,500 fans has to do with anything. They're mega rich, by far the biggest budget in the league.

I know this is a harsh truth but if you're not playing in front of 20-30k, there's not much difference playing in front of 7k or 4k, particularly if there's an extra grand a week in your pocket to cushion the blow.

Not sure what 7,500 fans has to do with anything. They're mega rich, by far the biggest budget in the league.

I know this is a harsh truth but if you're not playing in front of 20-30k, there's not much difference playing in front of 7k or 4k, particularly if there's an extra grand a week in your pocket to cushion the blow.
As Barnet are also proving

Buy out clause of around £120k I’ve heard and can double or triple his wages. We stand no chance. They get crowds of less than 3000 yet we can’t compete with these teams.
And the reason we can’t compete is because of all the dept left behind by the previous owner. Apparently every week more depts we’re found. Every draw in the buildings had unpaid bills. We should be so grateful to still have a football club to support. It’s going to be a slow process to pay our depts and get the team up the pyramid. Patience and good luck is what we need. What we don’t need IMO is the support turning on the consortium, management and players five games into a new season.

I just wonder how much COSU are regretting their purchase. They come in after hell in getting the deal done, Fans already started complaining, and now the small squad is crumbling with injuries and what appears to be 2 exits, I'm also really surprised no one has shown interest in GSM.
Would be surprised if they are panicking unnecessarily as much as some of our fans are.

We have a good side that plays good football, we are Ron free and are now an attractive side to join. We have arguably the best spotter of non league talent in the country and a coaching team that has improved almost every player they have worked with.

We are starting 10 paces behind the starting blocks and, yes, 6 games into the season, the squad looks thin and stretched.

But last year we couldn't fill the bench until January. The EFL deadline passes tomorrow and more players will become available. Thanks to the takeover, the coaching side, and the fan base, we are an attractive club to come to.

I'm as sad as anyone to be losing Cardwell but it's the model now. Spot rough diamond, polish him up through good coaching, sell him on, spot the next one.

Yes, promotion will be a stretch this year but we're moving in the right direction. As hard as it is to see us losing players to places too small to have a railway station, we do have to trust the great people at our club. They have never let us down so far.

Back