• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Half time challenge

mcshrimper

The half time chance to kick for the Fiesta challenge is really amusing.  Nobody other than Tilly has managed to get anywhere near winning the car.  If there was a prize for the best grass cutter than most of the players would go away happy.  I preferred last seasons challenge to be honest.  

I reckon there should be a few stipulations to make the current challenge more achievable: -

Only people with trainers or other suitable footwear can take part.

Participants must be able to at least kick the ball in roughly the right direction.

Anyone with Dreeeew like pace (or shooting ability for that matter) should be excluded.

Maybe we should have a new game.  I would call it 'hit the inbred'.  We could dangle a Col Ewe fan from the crossbar and participants would need to shoot at the inbred from the penalty spot.  Prizes could be awarded for accuracy as follows:

Prize for ball striking arms or legs = Fiesta

Prize for head shot = Mondeo

Star Prize for a shot in the knackers = another shot  

You can bet your life that the success rate would improve big time.  Also, ticket sales for the half time challenge would soar.

Any other suggestions?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcshrimper @ Mar. 09 2006,22:27)]Maybe we should have a new game.  I would call it 'hit the inbred'.  We could dangle a Col Ewe fan from the crossbar and participants would need to shoot at the inbred from the penalty spot.  Prizes could be awarded for accuracy as follows:

Prize for ball striking arms or legs = Fiesta

Prize for head shot = Mondeo

Star Prize for a shot in the knackers = another shot  
That sounds like a very good game, But to make it more fun we should have quite a few col u fans dangle from it.

A candidate for the opening 'hit the inbred' half time challenge: -

MP-BTN-031%5B1%5D.jpg

Without a doubt Col Ewe through and through!
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

I think something along the lines of Soccer AM's Crossbar challenge or The road to Wembley would be good...

I liked the game they had at Brentford, where you had to kick balls from nearthe corner flag into a giant set of target circles at the centre circle to gain points

my personal half time challenge is to find places where you can have a smoke without being bothered by stewards.

I think they should show contestants a picture of the prize - to motivate them... so to speak.

80.ford.fiesta.500.jpg

Anyone else think this competition might have gone on for a while now?

Most people around me seem to play the tea bar challenge which basically involves queueing up for 15 mins only to get to the front to be told all that they have left is Kit-Kats when you wanted a pie.
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Mar. 10 2006,08:28)]Most people around me seem to play the tea bar challenge which basically involves queueing up for 15 mins only to get to the front to be told all that they have left is Kit-Kats when you wanted a pie.  
mad.gif
Dave, I take it you sit in the South Upper, cos Skodaman sits there and mid-way during the first half he attacks the tea-bar for several pies and 5 mars bars. Try to get there before him.

is this the same tea bar queue that obstructs the exit from the South Upper? Its also part of my challenge to circumnavigate thie queue/mob whilst on the way for a fag

Thats the queue Steveo....

The South Upper I am sure was designed by Stevie Wonders more blind brother. There are no food facilities in the stand itself really bar the little thing in hte South West Corner.

In the event of a fire I would give myself as much chance of getting out alive as Drewe Broughton has from the spot due to the increcinbly narrow stairways. Any gate above 4000 and I cant get out the stand till Sunday.

There is a picnic area under the South Upper which is never used and TV.s up for the fans to watch which are still in their wrappers.

Good view tho
laugh.gif

What I'd like to know is whether the winner of the HT challenge ever comes out of the West stand. It always seems to be that they come from the East and are connected with the boxes. Strange that !

If I ever had the opportunity I think I'd shoot in reverse order.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Mar. 10 2006,09:47)]What I'd like to know is whether the winner of the HT challenge ever comes out of the West stand. It always seems to be that they come from the East and are connected with the boxes. Strange that !

If I ever had the opportunity I think I'd shoot in reverse order.
So instead of coming you would go?
rock.gif
tounge.gif

Back