• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Gus Scott-Morris signs til June 2026

The Club are delighted to announce that 2023/24 Supporters’ Player of the Season Gus Scott-Morriss has signed a new contract to remain at Roots Hall until June 2026.

Scott-Morriss, who joined Blues in the summer of 2022, very quickly became a firm fans’ favourite with his energetic performances up and down the right flank.

The dynamic wing-back netted five league goals in 35 appearances in his first season at the Club, going on to notch eight more last term.

The 27-year-old was almost ever-present in 2023/24, only being absent for four league games. He even appeared in goal after David Martin had to go off injured against Bromley.

Scott-Morriss has also impressed on the international stage with two caps for England C, and has now penned terms on a fresh deal to commit his future to the Shrimpers.

Scott-Morriss said: "I'm really happy. It’s been in the pipeline for a couple of months now and I'm just really happy it’s got over the line and we’ve all sorted our stuff out, and I can’t wait to get going. I'm committing to a place that’s on the up - it's only going one way now.

"If we replicate something like last season, and add a few more aspects, we’ll be right in the mix, and that’s all we can really ask for. We want to get out of this division, but it’s not going to just happen overnight."

Marvellous. A really top player who can never be faulted for lack of effort.

With the club in a good place he'll only get better.

Almost feels like a "wow" signing. Really thought he might have had offers elsewhere and with our situation jumped ship allowing the club to have a nominal fee if someone in league 2 or even league 1 took a punt on him.

Very much glad he is staying.

11:00 announcement ✅

12:00 announcement anyone

Back