• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Graham Taylor's team selection

sealion

Coach
Sky one the Match
Terry Alderton-Southend's finest-reserve 'keeper for the final 11. Taylor-you mug!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, what a muppet - anyone with half a brain can see that Terry Alderton, a failed youth team goalkeeper at Southend, is better than former Premiership and international keeper Mark Bosnich!

rock.gif

Mark 'white lines' Bosnich mmmm? Still a better keeper (yeah looks in good shape!-no laughing at the back).
Dope test required me thinks.

I hope Terry gets on for 10 minutes at the end. Its been good seeing him model just about every piece of merchandise we've had on sale for the past five years, every night on Sky One!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sealion @ Oct. 09 2004,23:29)]Sky one the Match
Terry Alderton-Southend's finest-reserve 'keeper for the final 11. Taylor-you mug!!!!!!!!!!!
Alberton certainly never played for our reserves...am I the only one who debates his rather over-told moon-walk story?!

I like Terry Alderton. I think he is funny seems a likeable chap. And most importantly he is Southend through and through.

Does it really matter if he played for Southend or not?
I think it is a real shame when he gets slated. The geezer does more than his bit, including making that seasiders song which everyone hated.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheLittleGazette @ Oct. 10 2004,17:53)]Alberton certainly never played for our reserves...am I the only one who debates his rather over-told moon-walk story?!
What story is that?

I don't actually mind that song! Although I am still waiting for it to go on sale in the Club Shop!

Alderton did play for us at youth level, I just debate his story!

I've never seen him doing anything on stage so cannot comment on that front!

That wasnt a swipe at you there.
The moon walk story, perhaps it is overtold because we keep an eye out for a fellow southend fan?? And hear him every time he tells the story. If its true or not is another matter but I think its a funny story and thats his job being a comic.

next time terry is peforming at the joker comedy club southend come down and find out for yourself (i wont even charge you !

I am not a watcher of the match but
why is bosnich not in the ledgends team?
rock.gif
?
in his day 94-98 sort of eara he could be counted as one of the best keepers in the world!

Back