• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gary Jones - a quick Q&A

Napster

No ⭐
Why do you think Steve Thompson was able to get the best out of you compared to some of our other managers?
not really sure but very similar to big Sam getting the best out a me the year I won golden boot.

Who was the best strike partner you had both at Southend and elsewhere?
best partner Brett & Andy Thomson; Notts County - Sean Farrell

From the players you were at Southend with who’d be in your dream
a) 5 a side team - 5 a side team sansome Powell otto ansah Angell.
b) boat race drinking team? - Bressington royce g jones tilson bodley payne hunt otto.

Did you ever imagine Spud would manage England?
Spud definitely his coaching sessions every day were different and enjoyable loved my old gaffer

Favourite Barry Fry tale?
(And a big thank you for your goal at Norwich giving me my first ever away win (it was my 27th away game!))
Can’t remember!!

At the time we signed Andy Thomson from Queen of the South, he was apparently known as 'Mr Goals'! He wasn't prolific when playing for Southend, though. Why do you think that it is?
Andy Thomson I personally think because he came from a team lower down in Scotland he found the jump to division 1 difficult.

Peanut butter - smooth or crunchy?
hate peanut butter !!

Red sauce, brown sauce or no sauce at all?
Brown sauce.

What changed to spark your incredible goalscoring run that kept us up?
Playing in a quality team and my confidence got better n better the more I scored plus it helped having Mr whelan in midfield sliding balls in for me !!

What do you think could have happened if Steve Thompson had been given the job permanently?
I think if Thomson had stayed we would be have been in the promotion pack, like when baz left we were sat in 4th !.

Would you rather fight a gorilla once a year, or a chicken every time you get in your car?
chicken in the car.

Thanks Paul loved it ! Up the shrimpers..

Back