• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Full marks to the Commercial Dept.

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
New article on the official website:

U Choose with the Blues Special Season Ticket

Basically, instead of this being a season ticket whereby you have your one seat for all 23 league games, this is instead a booklet of 23 vouchers which can be redeemed in advance for seats throughout the season, for the same price as a season ticket.

I think it's a brilliant & innovative idea - it means you can take 4 people to one game, for example, by redeeming 4 of your vouchers - and yet still making the saving of a seaso (on the one hand), but also giving the club revenue up front.

Bravo, SUFC - I think it's an excellent idea, and just another example of the club being run well off the pitch.

smile.gif

Matt

Don't the 'Swansea Few' get 28 vouchers?

What a disgrace.

biggrin.gif

Seriously though... hats off to SUFC marketing brains for this.

Very innovative, full marks to the club. Despite all the conspiracy theories we've had this year I personally think we have a board that wants to take the club forward, clear the debts, grow and give us a home fit for the 21st century.

Controversial..? I'm just waiting to be slaughtered by the conspiracy theorists.
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ May 18 2004,12:44)]Very innovative, full marks to the club. Despite all the conspiracy theories we've had this year I personally think we have a board that wants to take the club forward, clear the debts, grow and give us a home fit for the 21st century.
Expecting a bit much of the SZ messageboard, aren't you?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 18 2004,11:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ May 18 2004,12:44)]Very innovative, full marks to the club. Despite all the conspiracy theories we've had this year I personally think we have a board that wants to take the club forward, clear the debts, grow and give us a home fit for the 21st century.
Expecting a bit much of the SZ messageboard, aren't you?
You're right OS.

It's ridiculous, season ticket vouchers have always been allocated for specific games. It's all just a plot by the board to ensure that the ground is full twice in a season and empty for the other 20 odd games!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 18 2004,11:16)]New article on the official website:

U Choose with the Blues Special Season Ticket

Basically, instead of this being a season ticket whereby you have your one seat for all 23 league games, this is instead a booklet of 23 vouchers which can be redeemed in advance for seats throughout the season, for the same price as a season ticket.

I think it's a brilliant & innovative idea - it means you can take 4 people to one game, for example, by redeeming 4 of your vouchers - and yet still making the saving of a seaso (on the one hand), but also giving the club revenue up front.

Bravo, SUFC - I think it's an excellent idea, and just another example of the club being run well off the pitch.

smile.gif

Matt
You obviously don't deal with the club much on the Buisness/commercial side then Matt?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS Cockles @ May 18 2004,15:02)]You obviously don't deal with the club much on the Buisness/commercial side then Matt?
No I don't.  I've read your other post, Cockles, and you've every right to be mightily cheesed off.

sad.gif

Still, a little credit is due to them on this issue; even if, in other respects, they're still a shambles...

rock.gif

Matt

P.S. Which reminds me... I'm in charge of the SUFC Exiles - we sponsor Leon Cort's away shirt; yet I had absolutely nothing from the club about the players' dinner or any other awards ceremonies - to which, presumably, I'm entitled to attend?

Still, that said, the club's shambolic commercial dept. has worked in my favour in the past - a couple of years ago, I got them to pay the VAT on the sponsorship of a player, because I'd collected all the money before they told me that it was ex. VAT...

*sigh*

The club's players night for shirt sponsors is at the end of june, the night cockles refers to was the players player of the year night which was adertised online and in the programme and you had to arrange and pay to attend like napper did on here.

no one gets an invite, apart from the players obviously.

SUFC and innovative are not two words I've ever seen used in the same sentence.

One question I sit in the RBS Stand and its quite full around me,where does the friend sit(Apart from his backside).
Is he allowed to sit in the east stand/south stand.

Its not very clear,however its a good idea to promote the club to fair weather supporters

the 'U Choose' ticket is a good idea in principle. The one problem i see is that you don't seem able to exchange your vouchers for tickets on the match day. This is not a problem if you live in southend, but i would have a round trip of about 90mins to exchange my vouchers. Could they not exchange the vouchers at the ticket office on matchday instead of receiving £16.50 cash?
rock.gif

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back