• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A Bit of Fun From Football Rumours site

Napster

No ⭐
16 Jul 2010 13:16:27
Darryl Flahavan, Rio Alderton, Blair Sturrock, and Efe Sodje all spotted training with Southend, in readiness for tonight's friendly at Dartford.

Haha, that's the worst one yet. And that is saying something.

16 Jul 2010 13:16:27
Darryl Flahavan, Rio Alderton, Blair Sturrock, and Efe Sodje all spotted training with Southend, in readiness for tonight's friendly at Dartford.

Can't be bothered to check - but did you actually managed to get that published Naps?

If so good work. Pleased to see you don't think things have got as dire as to include Drewe amongst the triallists.

Can't be bothered to check - but did you actually managed to get that published Naps?

If so good work. Pleased to see you don't think things have got as dire as to include Drewe amongst the triallists.

Curse you! Yes, it was published. Drewe's already got himself sorted. ;o)

This is the part of the story about Rio:

"Despite being released by Millwall as far back as 2003, tough-tackling Julius Caesar lookalike Rio Alderton, 33, will tonight line up for Southend United in a prestigious trial game against lofty MLS opponents Dartford Medway Magic. Rio has been told by current Shrimpers boss Paul Sturrock, 75, that a contract is waiting for him, just as long as he can convince the portly Scotsman that he has lost none of the magic that persuaded former Southend boss Rob Newman, 31, to hand the ex-Millwall battler a temporary deal seven years ago. Speaking about a possible emotional return to his 'Roots' ex-Millwall trainee Alderton told footballrumours. com that 'This is fantastic, I have been pestering the club for years to give me one last chance and it seems they have finally seen sense and relented. I'm going to give it all I've got tonight- I owe Paul and Tommy everything."

I for one cannot wait to see Rio pull on the famous shirt once more.

Last edited:

fingers crossed my one gets through...

*finger hovers casually over the "lets merge all the crappy non true rumour" threads together button*

Back