• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

For the stat anoraks

IANichols

Youth Team
Looks like we will have attendances in excess of 11,000 for a final 2 home games and that means the average attendance for all league matches will be above 8,000 for the whole season

I think a huge well done should be directed at all the non playing staff that have worked so hard to attract the Southend public to Roots Hall this year. I first started coming to Roots Hall in the early eighties when the South Bank was one large open terrace and it was a grim place, the club shop was a small run down place near Priory Park. Ron Martin has come in and realised that the club needed to change its face to the public and now if you asked anyone in the street to name 5 things good about Southend the town, for once the football team & club would feature highly in most response's and I have a feeling it will get better

[b said:
Quote[/b] (IANichols @ April 18 2006,10:13)]Looks like we will have attendances in excess of 11,000 for a final 2 home games and that means the average attendance for all league matches will be above 8,000 for the whole season

I think a huge well done should be directed at all the non playing staff that have worked so hard to attract the Southend public to Roots Hall this year. I first started coming to Roots Hall in the early eighties when the South Bank was one large open terrace and it was a grim place, the club shop was a small run down place near Priory Park. Ron Martin has come in and realised that the club needed to change its face to the public and now if you asked anyone in the street to name 5 things good about Southend the town, for once the football team & club would feature highly in most response's and I have a feeling it will get better
9,000 tickets sold for the Doncaster game already. Might not quite make the 11,000 as I can't see Doncaster bringing 1,000 fans, but it will be close. No tickets available on-line so we must be selling tickets in the NW corner & North Bank.

Only 1,300 sold for Swansea so far. 900 were sold to the 'un-loyal' season ticket holders and only 400 so far to non-season ticket holders. Come on lets have at least 2,000 down there it will be another great away atmosphere as all our fans will be together and we will have plenty of balloons, flags, ticker tape etc. I know it's a long way, but think of the money we are saving by not being in the play-offs
smile.gif

Back