• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Football-related thoughts for the day

Rob Noxious

Retro Supremo⭐
I've been reflecting how easily we can get lost in the ephemera of our daily lives and sometimes forget about the important things. So, it was a bittersweet surprise that Matt Smith came into my thoughts this morning as I was sitting up in bed drinking tea - Earl Grey, for any wonderers out there.

I may need to explain who Matt is and describe him to you if you're not a follower of the Vanarama National League, or the 'Bananarama', as I prefer to call it. Matt is a hugely charming MC of football programmes and until this summer, he was hosting the Bananarama's live matches and highlights show. He is clearly a knowledgeable student of the game and he has a lovely way with the ex-football players who are now pundits in their pitch-side discussions. I particularly used to enjoy his gentle teasing of Aaron McLean ('Macca') and Macca's sartorial choices for the day/evening.

I began to wonder what Matt is up to now that these enjoyable programmes were so ruthlessly kiboshed by TNT Sports a few months ago. What does a football MC do after they are no longer in their happy element? If anyone knows how Matt is and what he's doing now, please let me know. I hope to see him back on a Bananarama-type show once again. Is it really too much to hope for?

Anyway, I feel better sharing this with you and thank you for your attention to my whimsical musings.

Back