• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Finance expert fears Southend United are heading same way as Bury

The worry is Ron will sell the club but own the stadium, land, shops, parking food, drink and everything else he will still own us.

Don't think we'll need to worry about that. No ambitious party that wants a return on their investment will agree to those terms.
Well quite but the issue is where does that leave us? No new owner will agree to those terms and he seems to be digging his heels in.

Doesent know what he's talking about!! The club will be sold no problem.
I’m going to bite tonight. “Clearly sold with no problem”, have you had your head in the sand the last 4 months? Ron is delusional to think he can sell the club currently without selling the new stadium which isn’t even built and at this rate won’t be built. The league are convening tomorrow and I fully expect them to revoke our membership, if not tomorrow then by end of the month. He doesn’t want to sell if he really did then he would have done already. He wants to cut/dispose of the loss making element of the business that no one wants to buy on its own because it’s loss making.

Ron has to see without the club and membership of the league he can’t get his retirement fund because he won’t be able to build the housing on roots hall or FF. so he will have to accept he has to give up a small element of this. Bette to have 50% of something than it is to have 50% of nothing (figures not representative and are figuratively speaking)

Rent changes if we go up. Optimistic bugger isn't he. Almost makes us want to stay in the lower league. 'Win, and I'll put yer rent up'.. thanks landlord.

I’m going to bite tonight. “Clearly sold with no problem”, have you had your head in the sand the last 4 months? Ron is delusional to think he can sell the club currently without selling the new stadium which isn’t even built and at this rate won’t be built. The league are convening tomorrow and I fully expect them to revoke our membership, if not tomorrow then by end of the month. He doesn’t want to sell if he really did then he would have done already. He wants to cut/dispose of the loss making element of the business that no one wants to buy on its own because it’s loss making.

Ron has to see without the club and membership of the league he can’t get his retirement fund because he won’t be able to build the housing on roots hall or FF. so he will have to accept he has to give up a small element of this. Bette to have 50% of something than it is to have 50% of nothing (figures not representative and are figuratively speaking)
Exactly this

Ron perpetually takes everyone else for a fool, when he is the biggest fool himself

The longer he holds out for the impossible, the further his ‘asset’ (the league status, player contracts, club staff, planning permissions etc) diminish.

I’m so concerned that we are heading for a lose-lose situation. No football club (and for Ron, no housing estate to retire on).

As RM continues to dig his heals in and communicate misinformation he is rapidly becoming footballs equivalent to a certain ‘Russian dictator’.

Don't think we'll need to worry about that. No ambitious party that wants a return on their investment will agree to those terms.
No one In
Owners or new buyers of football clubs at this level don't get into it to see a return on there investment! They do it for the love of the Club or just want to own a football club! Unless your man City or United football clubs do not make any money.

Last edited:
Exactly this

Ron perpetually takes everyone else for a fool, when he is the biggest fool himself

The longer he holds out for the impossible, the further his ‘asset’ (the league status, player contracts, club staff, planning permissions etc) diminish.

I’m so concerned that we are heading for a lose-lose situation. No football club (and for Ron, no housing estate to retire on).

As RM continues to dig his heals in and communicate misinformation he is rapidly becoming footballs equivalent to a certain ‘Russian dictator’.
Yep. That's the way I see it. He's so delusional he doesn't realise this.

Back