• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FC - Match 7

MrB

Life President
Playing Bob's Buffoons and fortunately with him pretty much assured of promotion and having bigger fish to fry in OD and BT20 we've contrived a draw as the best result for both teams. Patricularly good for me as his full line up (including new NT) would destroy me.

With sold up BBM relegating I'm currently trying to negotiate myself into 3rd place this season which would provide the most advantageous set of fixtures for next season.

Withington Wonderers (4th) v BATTY SHRIMPERS (1st)

We need 14 points to secure a 4th FC promotion in the last 5 seasons.

We've rested Job, Lindop and Tyas as we're in the hunt for the OD title as well.

End of Over 110 (1 runs). Withington Wonderers: 274-7, runrate=2.49
Islam 18-3-48-1
Baba* 29 (46 balls)
Gowshall 10 (30 balls)

Last Wicket: Harbin b. Locke 28 (FOW: 242/7)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Pudlington CC (3rd) v DIBS DIPPERS (2nd)

Mrs BB safe from relegation, so has rested Arnold. Late wickets for her have evened the game up.

End of Over 110 (Maiden, 1lb). Pudlington CC: 291-8, runrate=2.65
Eagles 28-10-41-2
Capper* 7 (19 balls)
Nicholls 0 (2 balls)

Last Wicket: Helmsley c. Swailes b. Eagles 0 (FOW: 291/8)

set up for a tight finish.. End of Over 3 (7 runs). N-Trance shire: 11-0, runrate=3.67 (1st Inn: 249-10)
Trail by 164 runs. (Interrupting Cow CC 110-10 & 314-10)
Overs left today: 75
Hood 2-0-10-0
Jackman* 11 (17 balls)
Hann 0 (1 balls)

would personally have prefered 50 runs less to chase, feel let down a bit by my bowlers. 1st vs 2nd, so if i win i should get promoted

Intriguing game for me - First place is going to draw barring a complete miracle. If I win this I go top - Damn the jet lag - managed to fight it off all day (currently 935pm) but I've already nodded off a couple of times. Hoping to go to bed and wake up with good news. The pair currently in bat have the potential to win the game but if I can get one of them out early then I fancy my chances of skimming through them and waking up tomorrow morning top of the league.

End of Over 14 (5 runs). The Bog Trotters: 49-3, runrate=3.50 (1st Inn: 244-10)
Trail by 177 runs. (ShrimperZone Vets CC 246-10 & 224-10)
Overs left today: 65
Donaldson 7-1-27-1
Dangasela* 1 (1 balls)
Cooper 4 (3 balls)

Last Wicket: Aulak c. Lakhani b. Donaldson 15 (FOW: 44/3)

will you be moving your Battrick team to a country closer to your timezone ORM? or on the other hand your Franchise?

Enjoyed the shower and enjoyed that over - top of the league here we come !

End of Over 22 (Maiden, 1b). The Bog Trotters: 67-5, runrate=3.05 (1st Inn: 244-10)
Trail by 159 runs. (ShrimperZone Vets CC 246-10 & 224-10)
Overs left today: 57
Lakhani 3-1-6-2
Bolder* 0 (3 balls)
Steadhart 0 (1 balls)

Last Wicket: Dangasela c. Healy b. Lakhani 5 (FOW: 67/5)

21.6 . Lakhani to Steadhart
Good fielding! Short ball outside off stump, the batsman plays a cut shot into the deck, the ball bounces up high and backward point does rather well to leap up and grab it one-handed above his head.
21.5 W Lakhani to Dangasela
He's behind you. No seriously, thin edge from Dangasela and Healy celebrates one of the easiest catches he'll take all season.

21.4 b1 Lakhani to Bolder
That one has surprised everyone, including Healy who can only look on at Chanderpaul chasing down the ball that came flying from Healy's gloves and over his head.
21.3 . Lakhani to Bolder
Full outside off stump, nudged gently into the covers, straight to Blinkhorn.
21.2 . Lakhani to Bolder
Flighted up nicely on off stump, forward, defends back on the off side of the pitch.
21.1 W Lakhani to Cooper
Great work from Healy, waiting for Cooper to lift his foot before whipping the bails off.

after todays game (should i win) table will look as so...

N-Tranceshire - 137 pts
Offies Grumpy Bunnies - 117 pts
Interuppting Cow - 112 pts
See-Less - 108 pts

with me still to play OGB and See-Less, and Interuppting Cow playing the bottom two, i need i would say about 25 points to guarentee this league. Beat See-Less by an innings earlier in season, so should be a 22 pointer, so just need to avoid defeat from OGB, who i drew with last time out.
by my reconing, final table should look like..

N-Tranceshire - 166pts
Interupting Cow - 156pts
Office Grumpy Bunnies - 151 pts
See Less - 135 pts

will you be moving your Battrick team to a country closer to your timezone ORM? or on the other hand your Franchise?

Wasn't planning to originally but I think I may well have a UK Franchise team and move mine to Australia - No rush - I've got FC promotion potentially this year and OD next so I might stick it out. 8 hours in front (7 when your clocks go forward) isn't the end of the world and may brighten up the odd dull evening though tight finishes could leave me with an interesting decision to make

I see first place are now taking wickets and have plenty of overs left so I might have been a bit premature with my top of the league shout

Given that his 9 man batting line up tumbled reasonably easily I could have possibly gone for the win however as I want third place and Bob was kind enough to throw the game when he probably didn't need to I'm batting out the draw. Declare at 370 to let my trainee turn his arm over a bit at the end of the day.

3rd place is throwing away a winning position but no matter, we play them in the last game so as long as they're in touching distance we'll throw it.

End of Over 79 (Maiden). ShrimperZone CC: 304-3, runrate=3.85 (1st Inn: 361-6 dec)
Lead by 400 runs. (Bob's Buffoons 265-10)
Overs remaining today: 46
Allen 6-2-16-0
Wanless* 3 (1 balls)
Cunningham 46 (94 balls)

Last Wicket: Guneratne b. Carlsen 86 (FOW: 300/3)

We drew our game yesterday, but with Mrs BB also drawing, we picked up enough points to wrap up the division with 2 games to spare.

So that's FC V to FC II in 4 seasons, and a nice 3% member increase.

Now to do the same in OD.....

Think your old timers brigade can creak on for another season? :smile:

MrB said:
Think your old timers brigade can creak on for another season? :smile:
Don't see why not, Tyas and Motterham are both Strong Stamina, so they should be good for another 2 seasons. White is Medicore, so might get another season out of him with a bit of luck. Everyone else is either Super or Superb*

I guess the worry is that the 'asset value' of your squad is diminishing pretty quickly which means a rebuild will be tough. Do you think you'll just bump from oldie to oldie for a while?

I've used my earnings from 17yo sales to get myself a 17yo strong trainee. With Alvardo up to remarkable now it means I can probably move on an older batsman and invest in something younger.

MrB said:
I guess the worry is that the 'asset value' of your squad is diminishing pretty quickly which means a rebuild will be tough. Do you think you'll just bump from oldie to oldie for a while?
I've used my earnings from 17yo sales to get myself a 17yo strong trainee. With Alvardo up to remarkable now it means I can probably move on an older batsman and invest in something younger.
They didn't cost a great deal, all 3 of them were under a million each, so I'm not going to lose a lot in that respect. I'll probably have to try and replace them with older players yes, until I can get some good trainees on the go. I've got 1 17yo on 4 nets who should hit Strong in the 1st week of next season, so need to get another 1 similar. Then just try and train and sell with the other 2 nets, but there's no real value in the TM at the moment, and I haven't got the time to scour the market for that one bargain.

A lot is going to depend on where I end up in OD. I'm top at the moment, and today's oppo have thrown the game. So another 3 wins will leave me in a play-off ....

Need 196 to beat fellow SZ league and non logger in the nuts. A win would see me top 4 for certain this season. He has a strong line up so I'm not expecting an easy run and actually expecting a 30 run defeat

A lot is going to depend on where I end up in OD. I'm top at the moment, and today's oppo have thrown the game. So another 3 wins will leave me in a play-off ....
And of course getting that magical youth pull we all dream of!

Actually, just getting normal youth pulls will be good with the demand next season.

MrB said:
And of course getting that magical youth pull we all dream of!

Actually, just getting normal youth pulls will be good with the demand next season.
Haha, that goes without saying :smile:

Back