• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ex Players In The Premier League

Scrolled player names as I was choosing my Premier League Fantasy football team and was surprised to see a few ex Shrimpers, including youth. The one that stood out was Freddie Ladapo, who must be some way down the pecking order and likely sold / loaned. Hard to imagine he’ll get many if any mins this season but fair play if he does. Bit of an EFL journeyman, not sure anyone would have imagined him ever reaching that level.

- Daniel Bentley (Wolves)
- Christian Walton (Ipswich)
- Isaac Hayden (Newcastle)
- Stephy Mavididi (Leicester)
- Freddie Ladapo (Ipswich)

Didn't realise Mavididi was in our youth system at one point but he was a key player for Leicester last season, I think they've made some signings so he'll have to fight for his place but out of the 5 he's the only one I'd expect to see a lot of.

Didn't realise Mavididi was in our youth system at one point but he was a key player for Leicester last season, I think they've made some signings so he'll have to fight for his place but out of the 5 he's the only one I'd expect to see a lot of.
Agree he will get opportunities, Hayden may get some minutes but can’t see the others barring injury. Maybe an early league cup tie

Agree he will get opportunities, Hayden may get some minutes but can’t see the others barring injury. Maybe an early league cup tie
Hayden hasn't played for them in years and he hasn't been given a squad number. He'll probably get shipped off on loan soon (no one will buy him because of his salary).

Walton starts for Ipswich at home to Liverpool and has had a quiet game… so far. What a ******* of a fixture for your first game of the season for Ipswich.

Walton starts for Ipswich at home to Liverpool and has had a quiet game… so far. What a ******* of a fixture for your first game of the season for Ipswich.
He won't have been expecting to be playing either, apparently their first choice keeper picked up an injury in the last 24 hours. With the exception of a 90th minute cameo on the final game of the season Walton didn't play a single minute in Ipswich's championship season so he's being thrown in the deep end here.

He won't have been expecting to be playing either, apparently their first choice keeper picked up an injury in the last 24 hours. With the exception of a 90th minute cameo on the final game of the season Walton didn't play a single minute in Ipswich's championship season so he's being thrown in the deep end here.
Blimey I didn’t know that. That’s literally the definition of being thrown in at the deep end! He’s actually played really well so far.

Back