• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex vs Derbyshire

• Thread starter Thread starter W4 Shrimper
  • Start date Start date

W4 Shrimper

Well here's the team:

Essex: W I Jefferson, A N Cook, G W Flower, R S Bopara, A Flower, R C Irani, J S Foster, J D Middlebrook, M A Chambers, D Gough, D W Steyn

This should be a walk in the park (Essex were as short as 1/6 to win), here's hoping we can return to winning ways in the Championship.

One question though. MA Chambers - who he?

Derbyshire 29/0 as I type...

"Right-hand bat/right-arm fast DOB: 14/09/87 Education: Sir George Monoux College Club: Leyton County" - According to Official Site.

We really are struglling with injuries. Napier, Clarke, Tudor and Adams all out!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ June 01 2005,12:08)]"Right-hand bat/right-arm fast DOB: 14/09/87 Education: Sir George Monoux College Club: Leyton County" - According to Official Site.

We really are struglling with injuries. Napier, Clarke, Tudor and Adams all out!!
Tudor out again, but our physio is quoted in The times today saying that his complaint is "nothing severe".

Hmm, forgive me for being cynical but....
rock.gif

I hope we do good in this, as I'm going up there on Friday to partly make up for missing the southend festival (im on holiday). 53-1 isnt great considering we put them in, so we should really have 2 or 3 by now but hopefully they'll come.

EDIT: just as i typed that, Chambers gets his first wicket. Bryant caught by Andy Flower for 0
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ June 01 2005,12:08)]"Right-hand bat/right-arm fast DOB: 14/09/87 Education: Sir George Monoux College Club: Leyton County" - According to Official Site.

Presume Cowan is injured as well.

Hmm, a 17yo kid no-one's heard of chucked in, Bopara coming on as first change, even Jefferson is having a bowl. We're struggling to put a team out.

I have heard of him. His name is Maurice Chambers, he is indeed 17 and is a medium fast bowler who Lilley and Charrington think have a lot of potential from playing in the 2nds for a while.

It is a bit strange seeing as he has been 12th man in the 2s a few times and not always playing. grayson also rates him and I have seen him. He is only a year younger than myself, he has raw talent and potential and if channeled he will do well at the club.

The wicket will do him the world of good. I saw him down training at the Essex Academy last week when I was netting over there also. He raises quite a few laughs and certainly won't be daunted by this challenge.

Good luck to you Maurice!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ June 01 2005,14:55)]I have heard of him. His name is Maurice Chambers, he is indeed 17 and is a medium fast bowler who Lilley and Charrington think have a lot of potential from playing in the 2nds for a while.

It is a bit strange seeing as he has been 12th man in the 2s a few times and not always playing. grayson also rates him and I have seen him. He is only a year younger than myself, he has raw talent and potential and if channeled he will do well at the club.

The wicket will do him the world of good. I saw him down training at the Essex Academy last week when I was netting over there also. He raises quite a few laughs and certainly won't be daunted by this challenge.

Good luck to you Maurice!
You seem to now your stuff fella.

What do you think of Jahid Ahmed? One of me best mates and is currently playing for Essex Twos.

I don't know him to speak to, to be honest. He is a bowler isn't he? I saw he batted ten at Milton Keynes a few weeks ago and got 4.

Interestingly, Fraser Quarterman, is making an appearance for Essex 2nd XI at Billericay today.

I play for Billericay, and played against him in our cup match versus C********r and East Essex. He is quite nippy but classed as a medium pacer which is fair enough because I get the ball through quicker than him.

He looked decent, but playing for Essex, he isn't good enough.

Yeah, I know a bit about the set up and know quite a few people involved playing and coaching and backroom staff.

Who do you know from Essex then? do you ever go and watch them?

Yer he is a bowler.

I only know him because we were at school together, his class. Top fella and a cracking little cricketer. Was chose to bowl against the Windies in the nets before they played us over here, and he bowled Lara.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ June 01 2005,11:58)]This should be a walk in the park (Essex were as short as 1/6 to win), here's hoping we can return to winning ways in the Championship.
418/7 ...

Shows what the bookies know!!

biggrin.gif

finally bowled them out for 462, Grant Flower got 2 wickets - we should've bowled him earlier! Gough cleaned up the last man, but that's a disappointing total from our point of view as they were 269-6. Typical Essex to give the bowlers runs though:(

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ June 02 2005,15:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ June 01 2005,11:58)]This should be a walk in the park (Essex were as short as 1/6 to win), here's hoping we can return to winning ways in the Championship.
418/7 ...

Shows what the bookies know!!

biggrin.gif
I take it you lumped on the 7/2 for Derbyshire then Kev
wink.gif

143/6 at the moment, not looking good...

Need Foster and Middlebrook to pull something out of their asses!..

Or hopefully the good old British weather will save the day!!..

rock.gif

God knows whats happening there, im working in Chelmsford and there hasnt been a drop of rain or flashes of lightening at all today...

rock.gif

320 all out. Middlebrook top scored with 71.

Derbyshire are 38-0 in their second innings.

Back