• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex County Hotel last night

IANichols

Youth Team
Well I was lucky enough to attend the Sponsors and Players, player of the year awards dinner last night, fantastic fun was had and a lot of booze consumed by everyone.

First of all a congrats to Brian Wheeler and his team and Mr Scriven for another first class event. Highlights to report were Daryl won players, player of the year with Freddie runner up, Daryl also won the Sponsors player of the year award as well.

Terry Alderton was the host and he had everyone in stitches all night, his send up of Spencer Prior had the whole place on the floor, Tilly, Flavs and Freddie had to suffer a good bit of banter from our one time goal kepper, even Ron Martin had to take a few jokes about a new Bentley being on order.

There was an auction, signed pair of Flavs gloves went for £2,000, signed pair of Freddie's boots went for £4,000 I think and Ron Martin paid £5000 for a signed Shaun Goater shirt, the Goater himself bid £4,500 while a big signed photo of the whole team on the winners podium from saturday went for £4,000.

The night finished about 1am, Freddie, Gutts, Lawson were in a terrible tangle while all the players were surrounded a group of girls which I woud desribe as typical "trolley dollies". By the looks of things the boys had rooms at the hotel for the night so you can draw your own conclusions of may of happened next.

well hopefully you would have seen a bunch of other Shrimperzoners there - myself, Statski, Moneypit, Smudger, Draft Shrimper, Hockley Hobbit and his missus were on table 13 with Gower & Jay Smith

Table 14 consisted of Barris, Bob Cratchitt, Shagster ( aka The Flying Scotsman ) Axeman, Shooter McGavin, Hooly & missus, GNH and Mrs GNH with The Goat & Barrett.

Plus Ninja & missus were around

indeed was a good night
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (IANichols @ May 10 2006,09:26)]Terry Alderton was the host and he had everyone in stitches all night, his send up of Spencer Prior had the whole place on the floor, Tilly, Flavs and Freddie had to suffer a good bit of banter from our one time goal kepper, even Ron Martin had to take a few jokes about a new Bentley being on order.
A mate of mine was at Orient's do (I've had a strong word with him about this) Monday night and Alderton was performing there too.

Freddy was getting plenty of stick for being a pikey at their bash as well!

fat boys on tour were also in attendance !!!!!!!!!not to be outdone we had ron ron ron ron ron POUTNEY ON OUR TABLE !!!!!!!!!!! TOP NIGHT cheers david !

Ah Leeboy so you had Jay Smith , thats who I sponsor, it was nice to see him back, didn't realise JRC was smaller then him.

All the boys were on cracking form, Tilly inparticular who will chat to anyone. Thought Geoffrey King could have put a bit more enthusiasm into his speech when he gave those gifts to Big Weekends.com and Betterview as thank you's

Marvellous night as others have said.

All the players were on top form.  As you will see on the other thread The Virgin & The Goat had a talking competition.  Close call.  
wow.gif
  The Goat really is as nice as everybody says, Adam Barrett is a top bloke and a real true fan.

Over the weekend The Goat saw our Bermuda flag with "feed the goat" on it, as pictured on the official site (I was the fat one on the left!  
wink.gif
).   He signalled to us that he'd like the flag but obviously we couldn't get it to him on Sunday as it was mobbed.  He said last night that originally he'd planned to walk down part of the route with his family but with the amazing crowds that wasn't an option.

Took two of the flags along last night and got one signed by all the players, Tilly, Brush and Ron.  This we gave to The Goat at the end of the night.  He signed the other one for me so I've got a memento of the great man!  
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 10 2006,11:03)]Is this the "Ohhh look at me i was at the sponsors do'" thread then?!
instead of throwing your money away on fruit machines / poker Kev, next year sponsor a player and then you can come
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ May 10 2006,11:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 10 2006,11:03)]Is this the "Ohhh look at me i was at the sponsors do'" thread then?!
instead of throwing your money away on fruit machines / poker Kev, next year sponsor a player and then you can come  
wink.gif
Don't count on getting a decent shirt though Kev!

rock.gif

A friend of mine was working at the function last night and managed to secure some autographs - including Mr Eastwood who gladly told her that "he" was the important one
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Usual_Suspect @ May 10 2006,11:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ May 10 2006,11:19)]
[b said:
wink.gif
Don't count on getting a decent shirt though Kev!

rock.gif
Who needs to be a sponsor to get a shirt!

oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (IANichols @ May 10 2006,09:26)]Ron Martin paid £5000 for a signed Shaun Goater shirt, the Goater himself bid £4,500 while a big signed photo of the whole team on the winners podium from saturday went for £4,000.
jesus! wasnt it only in december when a signed goater shirt only went for something like £36?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (IANichols @ May 10 2006,09:26)]....all the players were surrounded a group of girls which I woud desribe as typical "trolley dollies". By the looks of things the boys had rooms at the hotel for the night so you can draw your own conclusions of may of happened next....
Let me guess, Papa Goat made sure they all cleaned their teeth then put them to bed, tucked 'em in & read them a fairytale about how we get promoted to the Premier$hite next season.
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper4life @ May 10 2006,19:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (IANichols @ May 10 2006,09:26)]Ron Martin paid £5000 for a signed Shaun Goater shirt, the Goater himself bid £4,500 while a big signed photo of the whole team on the winners podium from saturday went for £4,000.
jesus! wasnt it only in december when a signed goater shirt only went for something like £36?
I know some kids who managed to get into the boot room and take a pair of Flavs gloves, and Gutts and Che Wilson's boots, as well as one of the ball boys tracksuit tops!

[b said:
i thought it was the " watch out below I'm just about to drop a few names" thread . zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Back