• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News England legend Alan Shearer joins calls to save Southend United

Point is, much as his publicly is raising the profile of our plight, what is he actually DOING to help?

A well placed bit of very high profile fundraising to make a slightly higher than value cash offer for RH, could allow COSU to buy the club and the ground now. The Martins may just be greedy enough to bite.

If you can extract RH from the long winded planning argument with the council, the deal can go through and everyone wins.

When you think about it, one players salary in the prem would go a long way to solve the issues.

Point is, much as his publicly is raising the profile of our plight, what is he actually DOING to help?

A well placed bit of very high profile fundraising to make a slightly higher than value cash offer for RH, could allow COSU to buy the club and the ground now. The Martins may just be greedy enough to bite.

If you can extract RH from the long winded planning argument with the council, the deal can go through and everyone wins.

When you think about it, one players salary in the prem would go a long way to solve the issues.
It's gone way beyond that... plus the fact that COSU aren't trying to buy RH. This is all about developing FF.

The likes of Haaland & Salah are said to earn over £350,000 per week, an obscene amount in my book.
A fortnights salary from either one would see off the WUP order & a years worth would be a dream come true

If you look at it in those terms it shows how wrong the whole football setup is.

It's gone way beyond that... plus the fact that COSU aren't trying to buy RH. This is all about developing FF.
I think you missed my point. Ownership of RH for COSU will eventually fall under the acronym POSU (remember their fab event at the Cliffs...?) Which would be under the consortium umbrella as a fully owned asset - eventually!

If / until the mess of Martins web of destruction is unravelled the best we will get is a long term lease, and the release of the £20m as i understand it is for the stadium to be upgraded. Any possible way ( and at this stage anything that could facilitate) get Roots Hall is moved back into the ownership of the club the better.

Obviously Phil Bigwood, season ticket holder and producer? Of match of the day has instigated this…..the Rat will do whatever he wants to do and no begging from Phillips, Sherarer, uncle Tom Cobblers will make any difference!

The likes of Haaland & Salah are said to earn over £350,000 per week, an obscene amount in my book.
A fortnights salary from either one would see off the WUP order & a years worth would be a dream come true

If you look at it in those terms it shows how wrong the whole football setup is.
Always dislike this take. It’s not someone else’s job to bail us out. We (Ron, but essentially the club) got in this mess by overspending and ridiculous decisions. Should put it on anyone else to bail us out because they have money.

The amount players earn is obscene, agree there but it’s our mess.

Always dislike this take. It’s not someone else’s job to bail us out. We (Ron, but essentially the club) got in this mess by overspending and ridiculous decisions. Should put it on anyone else to bail us out because they have money.

The amount players earn is obscene, agree there but it’s our mess.
I think you missed my point.

Yes, 1 man basically got us into this (“our”) mess through shameful mismanagement.

I was merely making a comparison that there’s an excess of money at the top end of the league, but clubs going to the wall at the bottom despite owing relatively tiny amounts. It’s fundamentally wrong obviously

No, it’s not actually someone else’s ‘job’ to bail us out because they have money, however thats exactly what is happening with COSU. Wealthy men coming together to bail us out (hopefully). Either that or no more Southend United.

The point is this will continue to happen with other clubs like us until the powers that be take a look & make changes with the financial structure of the game in our country. Can’t see that happening anytime soon whilst so many fat cats are slicing off a nice wedge in the Premiership.
👍💙

Last edited:
Regarding the Echo articles... if you refresh and press stop at precisely the right time, it'll load before the block is placed, therefore allowing you full access. It's a bit of an art! Usually takes me around 10-15 times to get it spot on, but it does always work eventually.

Back