• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Prediction League News End of Season Cup 1st Round Draw and Competition Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
As mentioned in the other thread DoDtS came to me with an idea about a knock out competition to run alongside the established league, i thought it was a great idea as it should keep the interest running to the seasons end for a few more posters, i was hoping it would attract a few new participants and in reality i should've taken Petes advice and advertised the comp a bit more (via The Pub or Main Forum perhaps) ... but as it turns out i'm glad that it will be one of the loyal few walking off with the prize (unless Dave the Shrimpe nabs it of course !!!) ... assuming it goes well i feel this is something we can take into next season, where there'll be more time to space the matches out a bit (as this is going to be really tight squeeze to fit in) .. maybe next season we can have 2 cup comps (one pre xmas and one after) but there's time aplenty to discuss that through the summer

As i stated previously the earlier people registered the better and as it turned out the first 6 to state an interest will go into round 2, the remaining 20 have been drawn out and the ten winners of those ties will join those initial 6 in round 2 .. because of the tight timelines we only have room for one replay per round ... i will inform you of the rules in this instance should the need arise as i don't want to confuse you all unneccessarily

Basically your role doesn't change, just predict as you normally do, the points you score will be measured against your opponent with the higher score going through .. i hope it turns out as simple as i envisage, but please feel free to PM or post here with any questions

Dates for your diary ...

17th March - 1st Round
21st March - " " Replays
28th March - 2nd Round
4th April - " " Replays
11th April - Quarter Finals
13th April - " " Replays
18th April - Semi Finals
25th April - " " Replays
2nd May - The Final

Any final replay will be decided on fixtures tbc at a later date

First Round - Tuesday 17th March

Emu vs SUFC Al 1-4
essexblue vs ldnfatso 4-7
Shrimpersarmy vs LuckyLuca 4-3
Kristof vs southend aussies 7-5
stickyboy vs OBL 7-4
Drastic Sturgeon vs seves 3-5
Ricey vs Ozzer 3-9
Dave the Shrimper vs Nobby Snide 9-8
Stickyboy Junior vs adam3811 7-0
Scamps vs WickfordShrimper 4-4

Last edited:
Emu vs SUFC Al
essexblue vs ldnfatso
Shrimpersarmy vs LuckyLuca
Kristof vs southend aussies
stickyboy vs OBL
Drastic Sturgeon vs seves
Ricey vs Ozzer
Dave the Shrimper vs Nobby Snide
Stickyboy Junior vs adam3811
Scamps vs WickfordShrimper

Nice easy draw for me roll on the 2nd round here :-)

CUP FEVER HITS SHRIMPERZONE
Here's DoDtS preview of these eagerly awaited Cup ties (only for fun no intention to upset anyone).

Emu vs SUFC Al
Emu scored 182 points in the League V SUFC Al on 191 points, Saturday Emu notched 8 SUFC Al 7, very evenly matched could go either way

essexblue vs ldnfatso
I understand essexblue was really happy with this draw doesn’t see ldnfatso as a threat V ldnfatso a disappointing 193 points in the league, frankly he’s not been the same since Markie Gower left.

Shrimperasrmy certainly in form at the moment ten points on Saturday V LuckyLuca the outsider of the competition but does he listen to DtS too much

Second highest scorer for the month of February but now its March has he lost his touch? V southend aussies 224 points in the league, this could be a tough one!

stickyboy vs OBL
stickeyboy 7-6 OBL on Saturday and 222-212 to Stickboy in the league but could OBL be the dark horse (no offence intended)

Drastic Sturgeon only scored four points Saturday, but is that just a ploy V seves predicted Borient to draw on Saturday should we trust him?

Ricey vs Ozzer
Ricey thought we would score four at Hereford so he’s obviously out of touch with reality V Ozzer third place in the League but how will he perform in the cup?

DtS more into nappies these days so perfhaps his predictions will be childish, V Nobby Snide who only got four points on Saturday, Could this be a goalless draw?

stickyboy junior seventh in the league V Adam3811 scored an impressive 9 on Saturday could go either way

Scamps no realistic chance of winning the League is it cup glory for scamps V WickfordShrimper in much the same boat, could be close this one, perhaps a replay, could turn nasty?

All these ties hoping to get through to the next round when the BIG boys* come in.

* referring to the size of their stomachs

DoDtS

Last edited:
Here's DoDtS preview of these eagerly awaited Cup ties (only for fun no intention to upset anyone).

Emu vs SUFC Al
Emu scored 182 points in the League V SUFC Al on 191 points, Saturday Emu notched 8 SUFC Al 7, very evenly matched could go either way

essexblue vs ldnfatso
I understand essexblue was really happy with this draw doesn’t see ldnfatso as a threat V ldnfatso a disappointing 193 points in the league, frankly he’s not been the same since Markie Gower left.

Shrimperasrmy certainly in form at the moment ten points on Saturday V LuckyLuca the outsider of the competition but does he listen to DtS too much

Second highest scorer for the month of February but now its March has he lost his touch? V southend aussies 224 points in the league, this could be a tough one!

stickyboy vs OBL
stickeyboy 7-6 OBL on Saturday and 222-212 to Stickboy in the league but could OBL be the dark horse (no offence intended)

Drastic Sturgeon only scored four points Saturday, but is that just a ploy V seves predicted Borient to draw on Saturday should we trust him?

Ricey vs Ozzer
Ricey thought we would score four at Hereford so he’s obviously out of touch with reality V Ozzer third place in the League but how will he perform in the cup?

DtS more into nappies these days so perfhaps his predictions will be childish, V Nobby Snide who only got four points on Saturday, Could this be a goalless draw?

stickyboy junior seventh in the league V Adam3811 scored an impressive 9 on Saturday could go either way

Scamps no realistic chance of winning the League is it cup glory for scamps V WickfordShrimper in much the same boat, could be close this one, perhaps a replay, could turn nasty?

All these ties hoping to get through to the next round when the BIG boys* come in.

DoDtS

OI!!! Anyway, did you forget a certain large person is in the 1st Round!!

:whistling:

As mentioned in the other thread DoDtS came to me with an idea about a knock out competition to run alongside the established league, i thought it was a great idea as it should keep the interest running to the seasons end for a few more posters, i was hoping it would attract a few new participants and in reality i should've taken Petes advice and advertised the comp a bit more (via The Pub or Main Forum perhaps) ... but as it turns out i'm glad that it will be one of the loyal few walking off with the prize (unless Dave the Shrimpe nabs it of course !!!) ... assuming it goes well i feel this is something we can take into next season, where there'll be more time to space the matches out a bit (as this is going to be really tight squeeze to fit in) .. maybe next season we can have 2 cup comps (one pre xmas and one after) but there's time aplenty to discuss that through the summer

As i stated previously the earlier people registered the better and as it turned out the first 6 to state an interest will go into round 2, the remaining 20 have been drawn out and the ten winners of those ties will join those initial 6 in round 2 .. because of the tight timelines we only have room for one replay per round ... i will inform you of the rules in this instance should the need arise as i don't want to confuse you all unneccessarily

Basically your role doesn't change, just predict as you normally do, the points you score will be measured against your opponent with the higher score going through .. i hope it turns out as simple as i envisage, but please feel free to PM or post here with any questions

Dates for your diary ...

17th March - 1st Round
21st March - " " Replays
28th March - 2nd Round
4th April - " " Replays
11th April - Quarter Finals
13th April - " " Replays
18th April - Semi Finals
25th April - " " Replays
2nd May - The Final

Any final replay will be decided on fixtures tbc at a later date

Good stuff Lee.

Emu vs SUFC Al 1-4
essexblue vs ldnfatso 4-7
Shrimpersarmy vs LuckyLuca 4-3
Kristof vs southend aussies 7-5
stickyboy vs OBL 7-4
Drastic Sturgeon vs seves 3-5
Ricey vs Ozzer 3-9
Dave the Shrimper vs Nobby Snide 9-8
Stickyboy Junior vs adam3811 7-0
Scamps vs WickfordShrimper 4-4

Well no doubt about the tie of the round, i can't recall Nobby scoring as many as 8 before to be fair, but it wasn't enough as newbie DtS notched a very impressive 9 to progress to round 2 .. Scamps and Wickford must try again Saturday, after that we can do the draw for the next round

bugger!! best week I've had all season, still to get knocked out..Damn you DtS!!

Not only do i see a rubbish game in Swindon last night, i do pants in the prediction league too! haha!

Em.

DoDtS

I am impressed good prediction ... Scamps got lucky... I WILL see him off on this Saturday :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back