• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eastwood starting...

RobM.

Manager
If Fredy plays on saturday he will be cup-tied.
Hence value diminishes in the short term.I think if he plays Saturday it shows Southend and Fredy will be together for at least a little while, e.g. season's end.
What say ye wise ones?

Let's just say Southampton did want to buy Freddy. Do you really think him being cup-tied for the FA Cup would be a deal breaker?

All this rubbish about Freddy - it makes me wish he'd never scored that hat-trick on Saturday.

I don't think anything will stop Tilly from playing him he wants to, certainly not some rumours.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Nov. 02 2005,17:12)]Let's just say Southampton did want to buy Freddy. Do you really think him being cup-tied for the FA Cup would be a deal breaker?
If it was - would we care?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Nov. 02 2005,17:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Nov. 02 2005,17:12)]Let's just say Southampton did want to buy Freddy. Do you really think him being cup-tied for the FA Cup would be a deal breaker?
If it was - would we care?
Well it wouldn't be. If a team wanted Eastwood enough to spend, say, £750,000 on him, they'd buy him regardless.

Freddy should start saturday because we want a cup run and he is our best player. We aren't selling freddy to the premiers%&t, hes taking us with him!

As good as Freddy is, he isn't ready to play higher league football just yet in my opinion. I reckon he shud stay with us until we get promoted and then the interested clubs should review the situation - or prehaps he'll wanna stay with us unitl we're challenging chelski in the Premier$hite in two seasons time!

He's going no where, well definitely not until the summer anyway, so stop worrying!
tounge.gif

If we go up (and that is a big if) then won't Freddy want to stay with us anyway? I mean this is the team that has given him the chance at a higher level, and would now be in the Championship. I don't see why he wouldn't stay then?

Here we are top of the table and we have speculation about selling our prize asset.

I would say forget this until something official comes from the club, and in the meantime the club should tell t%&ts like Redkanpp to keep his mouth shut, as media speculation and rumpur have upset better players than Freddy Eastwood down the years.

I'm just glad we haven't got an Anglo Italian cup match - would the big guns like Juventus, Barcelona and Real Madrid come in for Freddy if he was cup tied from the champions league because of a Anglo Italian group game against Perugia or Reggiana!!

Thank God Tilly doesn't have to make that call!!

wink.gif

what a s%&t thread!  'Lets not play our best player in the Cup for fear of him being Cup tied so we don't get as much money for him when we sell him'

Jeesuz...................
mad.gif

well I don't think Freddy should drive his car EVER AGAIN in case he crashes and dies then we wouldn't get ANY money for him!!

If Tilly doesn't play him on saturday now then we have to wonder...........

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Nov. 03 2005,13:24)]what a s%&t thread!
(takes deep breath and steadies himself)

I agree with you Leeboy.

There. I've said it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Nov. 03 2005,12:24)]'Lets not play our best player in the Cup for fear of him being Cup tied so we don't get as much money for him when we sell him'
And it says that where...?

Freddy not appearing could be read to indicate a done deal, I reckon.

But I would be very surprised if he didn't play. Wouldn't really knock too much off his value, though, I would imagine, if he were to start.

I was being sarcastic as that is what RobM's original post seems to be implying

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back