• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Draw good enough?

Southend_Lady

Ginger Sam
So then reactions - what do we think, was a draw enough?

Quite frankly I was about to boot the tv down after freddy missed such a brilliant opportunity but I felt satisfied that we hadnt lost.
I mean we haven't won away from home all season so it was important to at least grab a point. I think as long as we can draw away from home and win the home matches we will be able to pull off this huge task.

I definately think we can stay up. I think the lads have belief in their own ability, albeit not as much belieft as if we'd won, but I think when you're a player and you hear your fans singing for 15+mins non-stop when your bottom of the league on a friday night in Luton, then thats surely got to give you a kick up the ***. We played well, and deserved a win. I'm satisfied with the draw, but a win would have been what we really needed.

I think, despite the good performances of late, that we'll go down and for one reason only: Luck, it's not on our side this season. Last season, we would have won that 2-0 but the Luton game sums up our luck this season.

On another note, if we lose Freddy in January, where does the goal threat come from?
sad.gif

4 points in the last 2 games, 4 points in the last 3 months prior to that. If we can keep that ratio up then the possibility of pulling off that miracle we all so desperately want is most certainly there.

Keep the faith.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D62SUBOY @ Dec. 16 2006,09:30)]4 points in the last 2 games, 4 points in the last 3 months prior to that. If we can keep that ratio up then the possibility of pulling off that miracle we all so desperately want is most certainly there.

Keep the faith.
yes very good point. We have gained the same amount of point in one week as we have gained in 3 months, I def think we are going to start picking up now. Praying that leeds, hull and barnsley all drop today!

Had Freddy not missed THAT chance, I think most would have been happy with a point, really. However, as Freddy did miss THAT chance, it feels like we've lost two points.

Ah well, I didn't subscribe to the opinion that last night was a 'must win' because theres a hell of a lot to play for still. We've got four tough matches coming up after Spurs and if we can take somewhere between five and seven points from those then I think we can go into the New Year slightly optimistic.

Spinner's interview after the game was spot-on. If we play like we have in the last two matches in every match and play like we're in the fight that we are in then we're going to have a chance.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Dec. 16 2006,10:19)]Had Freddy not missed THAT chance, I think most would have been happy with a point, really. However, as Freddy did miss THAT chance, it feels like we've lost two points.

Ah well, I didn't subscribe to the opinion that last night was a 'must win' because theres a hell of a lot to play for still. We've got four tough matches coming up after Spurs and if we can take somewhere between five and seven points from those then I think we can go into the New Year slightly optimistic.

Spinner's interview after the game was spot-on. If we play like we have in the last two matches in every match and play like we're in the fight that we are in then we're going to have a chance.
I agree... I would of been happy with the draw before the game .... But we was so close with that last minute chance by Freddy 3 points was there for the taking... GUTTED or what

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

Before the game I would've taken a point but in the context of the match we should've won. We dominated the 2nd half and how Eastwood didn't score only he knows. It's things like that which make or break seasons. That was the closest we've come so far to getting our first away win of the season and it just would've been so good if he had scored. Would have gone mental in the away end.

Let's just hope Hull, Leeds and Barnsley lose today. Hull have Cardiff at home and Leeds and Barnsley have tough away games at Ipswich and Leicester respectively so fingers crossed, then I won't be as frustrated at getting a draw.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MK Shrimper @ Dec. 16 2006,09:07)]I think, despite the good performances of late, that we'll go down and for one reason only: Luck, it's not on our side this season. Last season, we would have won that 2-0 but the Luton game sums up our luck this season.

On another note, if we lose Freddy in January, where does the goal threat come from?
sad.gif
I think to be honest we're not bottom of the league purely because we've been "unlucky"! Not winning in 17 odd games has a lot more to do with it...

Still, Luton was another excellent display. If we can play and battle like that consistently from now on then we'll give ourselves a chance.

Up the Blues!

Luton were awful. We will not get a better opportunity to get 3 points away from home than that. True we should have taken all three points but I don't think we gave a great peformance. Competitive yes and we were not afraid to shoot, but if we want to stay up then we have to win these sort of games. That may be a bit harsh but it's true.

Away from home I doubt will encounter a team who play as badly as Luton did last night. Luton could barely pass the ball to each other.

Luton Report

I was seated right behind the goal at Luton and had a birds eye view at the chance, I've never been so sure of a goal in my life and could not believe it didn't go in! I was virtually celebrating after he rounded Kiely (with great play I might add), even the rebound went to their player!

But I have taken heart from the last two matches, the fight that was missing for much of the season seems to be there now. Bardbury and McCormack have been big pluses, McCormack especially with his determined tackling in midfield. Bradbury has taken the pressure of Eastwood i feel, Bardbury is able to bring him in to the game rather than Freddy feeding on scraps.

Also I thought Lewis Hunt did a great job at right-back, we looked more secure so thats maybe another plus.

Come on boys, keep the determination and spirit and lets make a go of it!

i think we should have won to be honest. the second half we did much better and i think we wanted it more.

the more and more i watch mccormack he impresses me more and more, he's a solid midfielder, sodje and prior both did very well to! don't think maher had a good game though!

three points would have been a lot better but ones better than none. only bad point is that hull won and by what i saw on the championship they done very well.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back