• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Did everyone get back OK

• Thread starter Thread starter dedwards
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    pubs

dedwards

After all the talk last week re. parking , pubs and Swansea being like Baghdad on a bad day , just wondered if anyone had any problems . We parked almost next to the ground and tried several pubs - saw no bother at all .

We parked outside the prison! Went to a pub and had a couple of pints and it seemed okay. There was a bloke with his son who was wearing a blues shirt that got a few dodgy looks, but he left shortly after! I on the other hand kept my jacket on!

Got Sausage and chips (with some tasty curry sauce) and made my way to the ground (what a sh*t-hole). My mate and I did not utter a word as we walked to the car with a huge crowd of Swansea around us!!!!

All in all.........It was okay!

I left southend at 2 and arrived at swansea at about 7.40. The M4 was an absolouted nightmare. Didnt get a pre match pint or food. had to stand right at the back of the terrace although it was a decent result for the boys. Didnt see any trouble but as always the home support tried to intimidate. Got home about 1.45am safe and sound. Incidently £2.70 for a tea and a bovril , both of which were skanky!! Whats that all about???
sad.gif

I was down there with a mate who's a Jack. Drunk in the Garibaldi both before and after and didn't get any hassle, but then again I did adopt a low profile.

Plenty of stone island and paul & Shark on display in there but they seemed content to sing politically incorrect ditties about Sam Hamman and Cardiff City rather than sniff out stray Englishmen!
wink.gif

Nice pint of Brains Dark by the way.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ Feb. 07 2005,12:13)]I left southend at 2 and arrived at swansea at about 7.40. The M4 was an absolouted nightmare. Didnt get a pre match pint or food. had to stand right at the back of the terrace although it was a decent result for the boys. Didnt see any trouble but as always the home support tried to intimidate. Got home about 1.45am safe and sound. Incidently £2.70 for a tea and a bovril , both of which were skanky!! Whats that all about???
sad.gif
Glad to hear you had a better return journoy Tom, you did look a little ****ed off!
biggrin.gif

See you Saturday?

I was in the East Stand with a couple of thousand Swans fans, couldn't help but cheer the equaliser - but got away with all limbs intact.

The swans fans were more annoyed by the Wyndham Plastics crew making a ton of noise from their box over the east stand when Gray scored, so they barely noticed me.

Good on ya Wyndham crew.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (coventryshrimper @ Feb. 07 2005,13:51)]The swans fans were more annoyed by the Wyndham Plastics crew making a ton of noise from their box over the east stand when Gray scored, so they barely noticed me.

Good on ya Wyndham crew.
Quality.

Stayed over and had no problems at all,also had a good chat with Myra in the club shop.
Who also gave us a club badge,plenty of banter in the ground but everything seemed ok afterwards, haven't heard of any trouble at all.

Not long after the gates opened i saw a few young blues fans being let into the away end via the gate at the back of the stand. Silly boys went in the wrong side of the away end.
biggrin.gif

That could have been painful
suspect.gif

down.gif

Bruce Shrimpsteen

Born to Shrimp

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Feb. 07 2005,13:43)]See you Saturday?
If you're talking to him about the game, I suggest you try Roots Hall on Friday evening... bound to be much busier!

tounge.gif

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back