• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Deon Woodman signs on loan

Transfer news

Cricko

Zone Owner ⭐⭐🦐
Staff member

Southend United are delighted to announce the signing of 21-year-old Deon Woodman on a one-month loan deal from Championship side QPR.

The 6ft 5 defender joins up with the squad ahead of tonight’s match against Wealdstone, where he just recently had a stint on loan in February.

As well as the Stones, Woodman had first team experience at Dulwich Hamlet last season.
Speaking to the Club, he said: “I’m really excited to join. I know the fans here are really up it for every game and I’m just really excited to show what I can do.

Woodman added: “Going out on loan is a really good learning experience. It’s different to academy football playing for three points each week in front of the fans that love their club, so it’s definitely a big experience for me and hopefully I can get some minutes and show what I’m about.

“The pressure is on to make a good impression in a short space of time, but that’s something that I will embrace. I want to perform and help the team try and pick up points to push us up the table.”

Blues boss Kevin Maher added: “It’s an area that we’ve been short in, and Deon is someone that has played at the level fairly recently. He’s really tall, he’s quick and he’s got good technical ability so we think he’s someone that will do well for us.

“We’ve been hit with a couple of injuries which has made us a bit light in the defensive areas, so I’m grateful to the Club for allowing us to bring someone in and we think he will do really well for us.”

Woodman, who began his career at Crystal Palace, is looking forward to potentially making his debut this evening against his former club.

“Now I’m a Southend player, so I’m fully focussed on my performance if I’m involved tonight and will go from there.”

Deon will wear shirt number 12.

Joe Gubbins was on loan from QPR wasnt he?

(So was Kargbo but let’s concentrate on the more recent loanee and the one in the same position)

429792346_915701207229205_17158383633540176_n.jpg

Back